PDA

View Full Version : Good Life sample??

Biskit
12th June 2002, 04:47 PM
This tune, at a guess, was circa '92/'93.

It contained a vocal sample from 'Inner City's - Good Life' over a piano. The piano was nothin' spectacular, just a couple of chords.

I am most certain it is Italian and may of been re-issued on the U.K Discomagic re-issues.

Any ideas?!?:confused: :confused: :confused:

ste huxley
12th June 2002, 05:01 PM
You may be on about

NPG New Power Generation - Good life

I forget the label but 'Taboo' is ringing bells

Biskit
12th June 2002, 05:24 PM
Its most definately not that tune, I know that one.
Thanks anyway Ste! :D

sirius
12th June 2002, 07:35 PM
QUOTE: "The piano was nothin' spectacular, just a couple of chords.".

Right, for that Im gonna make u wait!. I wondered how long it would be b4 someone asked for this ID ing. Gotta admit its one of my all time favourite choons of all time, ever and it would be my 'secret weapon' if I was a gigging OldSkool DJ............

Back soon to see if someones put you out of your misery, nothing special indeed!.

Sirius.

sirius
12th June 2002, 09:58 PM
Well, no ones saved you yet!. However, I failed to notice Ste had already given it away above!!!.............heheheh. Probably still fairly easy to get hold of I reckon(?).

(big up to the 'three wise men' for the best use of innercity vocals ever in the history of the planet).

See ya,

Sirius.

sirius
12th June 2002, 10:04 PM
BTW, fellow inmate Rick Jones has this too I reckon, because I think thats where I heard it first on his old radio slot........"New Dawn - Meeting of the minds - On the Signal Network"....Ahhh, those were the days. :).

Biskit
13th June 2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by sirius
QUOTE: "The piano was nothin' spectacular, just a couple of chords.".

Right, for that Im gonna make u wait!. I wondered how long it would be b4 someone asked for this ID ing. Gotta admit its one of my all time favourite choons of all time, ever and it would be my 'secret weapon' if I was a gigging OldSkool DJ............

Back soon to see if someones put you out of your misery, nothing special indeed!.

Sirius. Sorry about that, just trying my best to describe it, you know, it's no jazzy, glissando style piano! Just a simple riff.
But the actual tune is superb, and yes the vocal sample is put to good use!! I thankyou 4 helping me out Sirius!! I'll look out 4.... Three wise monkeys - Goodlife (Italy Discomagic)

sirius
13th June 2002, 07:35 PM
Hey, only jestin' buddy. I know the piano is only a 'one hand play' type riff (i think), so I know where youre coming from on that score!.

Its by Taboo (as ste said), and you'll pick it up easiest on a 'DJ Promo Sampler' 4 track ep which came out about 1993 (sorry cant remember the label at the minute). I remember it being grey paper record inner though (my other 'proper' copy is a whitelabel promo).......or if u are just after the mp3, you'll find it pretty easy.

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOONEY.

Sirius.

Biskit
13th June 2002, 07:48 PM
:thumbsup: Hey Sirius, you're alright!
So the tune is 'Taboo - Goodlife'.
:confused: Is it Italian? I was always led 2 believe it was, U know wot there like 4 there cheeky pinching of samples!!
:thumbsup: Anyway at least I now know the tune!!
Ta Sirius!!

sirius
13th June 2002, 08:15 PM
Taboo - Goodlife 'tighten up mix'. Remix and reproduction by the Three Wise Men.

Its English I reckon, infact Id bet money on it.......not much mind!.

If you like this, you will probably have heard Miro - 'Pure Silk' aswell. Pure class in a glass.

Cheerio, (Take no notice of me winding you up btw!)

Sirius.;)

Biskit
14th June 2002, 07:32 AM
:thumbsup: Thanx Sirius!

mikey
14th June 2002, 05:06 PM
i've just been digginf through a load of old stuff from ages ago.there's a tune i have called 'kelly g - perfect rhythm' on perception records.VA mentioned her name in another post.
i dunno the proper title but it's got a sample of 'good life' over a piano,but it's more of a breakbeat kinda choon.
soz if you've already got this one wrapped up,but i thought u may appreesh the extra info.i've got 'taboo',which is just a cover version.
later
mikey :guitar:

Biskit
14th June 2002, 05:21 PM
Thanx Mikey, much appreciated!

I'll check the Kelly.G tune out, along with the Taboo tune!
There both down on mi list!!
:thumbsup:

sirius
14th June 2002, 07:37 PM
Awight peeps?. Any chance of someone upping that Kelly G tune to a myplay for me????. Got me wondering now!..........

I thought I had a Kelly G record (old battered orig whitelabel thingy) so I have just sifted through wads of vinyl to find that its not that one at all - its called Teach Me. Had'nt played that for YEARS!!.....

See yerz laterz,

Sirius.

VinylAnimal
15th June 2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by sirius
I have just sifted through wads of vinyl to find that its not that one at all - its called Teach Me. Had'nt played that for YEARS!!....

Lolololol flip the vinyl over mate ;)

sirius
15th June 2002, 10:48 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

"Aaaaarh - I Feel it" " I Just wanna hear a good beat" "Get ready for some fireworks"............these vox feature on 2 out of three trax and the third is more of an instrumental of the same tack but a tad different with just 'yahahaha yeah' and the fire works voc...No Innercity in site m8. Is it Kelly G wot I have? If it is, 'cos its a whitelabel promo it may not have the other track on it???....

See ya,

Sirius.

sirius
15th June 2002, 10:43 PM
Hehehe.....Bit of a coincidence today. I just picked up KellyG on Perception this afternoon! (plus DJ Anthems on formation records). Errrrm, not a patch on 'Teach Me' (if its the same artist). And Taboo peees all over it anywayz!, whoever said it was just a cover version must have a different copy to me - it uses all the vocals, but has no hint of the original tune in there......

Catch ya laterz, (no need for the mp3 now! btw)

Sirius.