PDA

View Full Version : Derrick May - Live in Bristol '90

Noel
2nd December 2004, 02:40 PM
Top set this, been listening to it a lot! ..got it from from the mixes section on discogs the day before the Frankie Bones Quad set was put up, was only up for a few days tho...

1. Suburban Knight 'The Art of Stalking'
2. Liaisons Dangereuses 'Peut Etre... Pas'
3. Fade To Black 'In Sync'
4. Asmo 'Music Please'
5. ??? - not an part of 'Oobe 1' is it?
6. Rhythim Is Rhythim 'Strings of Life'
7. Earth People 'Dance'
8. Rhythim Is Rhythim 'It Is What It Is'
9. Model 500 ..which track? is it 'Info World'?
10. DJ Mink 'Hey Hey can You Relate' - warp ..which mix?
11. Suburban Knight 'The Worlds'
12. L.F.O. 'L.F.O.' ..what mix?
13. Petra & Co 'Just Let Go' Dub
14. ???
15. A Man Called Adam 'Techno Powers'
16. Sueño Latino Ft. Carolina Damas 'Luxuria'
17. Reese 'Just Want Another Chance'
18. ??? - bassline same\similar to 'Melodies of Passion'
19. The D.O.C. 'Portrait of a Masterpiece' ..is it funky FM mix? sounds similar but don't think is exactly the same, could be wrong tho..
20. A Guy Called Gerald 'Emotions Electric' ..Breifly ..what mix?
21. De Lite 'What Is Love ?'
22. Pete Shelley 'Witness The Change'
23. Lil' Louis & The World 'Nyce & Slo' (Luv Bug Mix)
24. Soho 'Hot Music' (Jazz Mix)
25. MIC 'Oobe 1'
26. Rhythim is Rhythim 'Drama'
27. Saint Etienne 'Only Love Can Break Your Heart' (Andy Weatherall A Mix Of Two Halves)

#1 & #11 - Are these Suburban Knights track correct. I have mp3's labled 'The Worlds' & 'the Art of Stalking' that are the same you see, apparantly Transmat put the labels on the wrong side on some of the releases.

doolz
2nd December 2004, 02:47 PM
nah its not model 500 - info world

info world is fantastic tho grab it on slsk m8

doolz
2nd December 2004, 02:50 PM
u seem to have teh suburban knight tarcks mixed up
the first one is teh worlds and teh second clip is art of stalking

doolz
2nd December 2004, 02:52 PM
pretty sure teh mix of can you relate is
DJ Mink - Hey Hey Can You Relate (Sunshine Dub Instrumental)

Noel
2nd December 2004, 03:04 PM
#19 could poss be one of these? (http://www.discogs.com/release/327602)

nah its not model 500 - info world

info world is fantastic tho grab it on slsk m8I've been looking for it on there with no luck, I take it you got..

Chap on discogs said it was Model 500 - Info World EP, couldn't find any info on this so wondered if he just meant 'Info World' the track.

Thought it was gonna be the Hard Inst.

Cheers Doolz :thumbsup:

Stuck in Aahz
2nd December 2004, 03:17 PM
I've just been listening to a Derrick May mix called "Mayday Mix". It's worth checking out if you can find it. I can send it to you if your email box is big enough. :thumbsup:

doolz
2nd December 2004, 03:22 PM
might be on the ep he says
but its deffo not teh track entitled info world
i have it on slsk m8
shout me

pluto
2nd December 2004, 03:36 PM
lfo is the remix
http://www.discogs.com/release/2464

Mike
2nd December 2004, 03:40 PM

That's the one ;)

Mike
2nd December 2004, 03:54 PM
u seem to have teh suburban knight tarcks mixed up
the first one is teh worlds and teh second clip is art of stalking

They are the right way round if you go by the label on my copy! Not sure anyone knows for certain which track is which to be honest as a lot of the copies are labelled the wrong way round and I have also seen the two tunes on compilations labelled differently too. Think we have had this argument in the PR chat a few times ;)

doolz
2nd December 2004, 05:08 PM
They are the right way round if you go by the label on my copy! Not sure anyone knows for certain which track is which to be honest as a lot of the copies are labelled the wrong way round and I have also seen the two tunes on compilations labelled differently too. Think we have had this argument in the PR chat a few times ;)

yeah i know m8 lol

Noel
2nd December 2004, 05:09 PM
Cheers peeps :thumbsup:

They are the right way round if you go by the label on my copy! Not sure anyone knows for certain which track is which to be honest as a lot of the copies are labelled the wrong way round and I have also seen the two tunes on compilations labelled differently too. Think we have had this argument in the PR chat a few times ;)From comparing track times on discogs with my mp3's I'm pretty sure you're right Mike :thumbsup:

On this (http://www.discogs.com/release/23053) later release, the track times for the Original & Live mixes of 'The Art of Stalking' match my mp3's.

I've just been listening to a Derrick May mix called "Mayday Mix". It's worth checking out if you can find it. I can send it to you if your email box is big enough. :thumbsup:
Thanx for the offer dude but I think my limit is about 10mb. I'm sure I've listened to this a few years back anyway, I may even have it somewhere!

Konspiracy
2nd December 2004, 06:35 PM
#19 could poss be one of these? (http://www.discogs.com/release/327602)

Thats deffo the Funky FM mix

Konspiracy
2nd December 2004, 06:38 PM
14s a right tune :thumbsup: Sounds very Revelationish on Atmosphere

Roberto
2nd December 2004, 08:09 PM
9 could be a track from Carl Craig's Psyche "Neurotic Behaviour" e.p. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Can't find the 12" right now to confirm ... my record collection's too messed up ;) ;) ;)

Noel
2nd December 2004, 08:31 PM
Cheers lads :thumbsup:

Thats deffo the Funky FM mix
This is the clip i checked it against, is it a diff mix or is Sasha playing summat else underneath :confused:

Konspiracy
3rd December 2004, 10:02 AM
Cheers lads :thumbsup:

This is the clip i checked it against, is it a diff mix or is Sasha playing summat else underneath :confused:

Im all confused now, I'll have to find mi 12 :confused:

Noel
3rd December 2004, 10:45 AM
I've found it on some other sets now & they're all the same as on this Derrick May set, that clip is from Sasha - Studio, March '91 (http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33827). I think he might be playing sommat underneath it, it maybe summat i kno too! :S

psykikbob
4th December 2004, 08:26 PM
Model 500 is definately on this (http://www.discogs.com/release/4685) release. It explains here there was another mislabelling, so its actually "The Wanderer", even though it's labelled as "Infoworld".

I always say this, but I think 18 is one of the Bluejean "Track Show" records.

Noel
7th December 2004, 10:25 AM
Another mislabelling eh! Nice one Bob :thumbsup:

Biskit
7th December 2004, 12:18 PM
19 is.. Portrait Of A Masterpiece (Orginal Album Version) ;)

Noel
7th December 2004, 02:15 PM
Nice one Biskit :thumbsup: ..confusion over!

pc1
8th December 2004, 07:43 PM
20: It must be the Frankie foncett (sp) mixes, as i have every other version. Nick King would be able to tell you for sure @ http://www.network54.com/Forum/goto?forumid=24478

Noel
9th December 2004, 03:10 PM
Cheers Pete :thumbsup: