PDA

View Full Version : 91/92 Coco Club tunes (Brighton Zap Club)

ahmurray
30th November 2004, 02:45 PM
Hi ppl,
Well looks like I stumped you all with my earlier post - shame, I was REALLY looking to track that one down.

A couple of lyrics from tunes that were very popular at the coco club (Chris Coco at the Zap in Brighton) from 91/92.

First track just repeats what sounds like:

Love love about you, all night,
Love love about you all night,
all night.

Not much to go on, but do your best!!

Up on the park
she's walking down the street
Doing all those things
that lady...

Someone once told me was called (or by) grandpa's party, which sounds very unlikely - maybe YOU know better.....

Cheers,

Ali

Konspiracy
30th November 2004, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the board :thumbsup:

If you can get samples of the tunes you are after bud, it might make life a bit easier

nathanjay
30th November 2004, 09:07 PM
You sure its not

Im gonna rock you all night
all nigt

or could be love you all night

cant think who its by tho

Roberto
30th November 2004, 09:27 PM
Hi ppl,
Well looks like I stumped you all with my earlier post - shame, I was REALLY looking to track that one down.

A couple of lyrics from tunes that were very popular at the coco club (Chris Coco at the Zap in Brighton) from 91/92.

First track just repeats what sounds like:

Love love about you, all night,
all night.

Not much to go on, but do your best!!

Up on the park
Doing all those things
that lady...

Someone once told me was called (or by) grandpa's party, which sounds very unlikely - maybe YOU know better.....

Cheers,

Ali
The last 'un is GRAMPA "SHE'S CRAZY" (US Movin' Records), a Kerri Chandler prod. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
No clue 'bout the first one though :confused:

lastnightadj
1st December 2004, 07:36 AM
The last 'un is GRAMPA "SHE'S CRAZY" (US Movin' Records), a Kerri Chandler prod. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
No clue 'bout the first one though :confused:

Is that the the one that goes "she's gasga, she's crazy"?

jonnyp
1st December 2004, 09:03 AM
first one sounds like india - the lover who rocks you, although the words arent quite right. It depends on how sure you are of them. India has the same arrangement but is (I think) "love, love to rock you all night"

This might be the one that nathjay was thinking of?

ahmurray
1st December 2004, 09:52 AM
Great responses people, thank you.

Not at all certain of the lyrics for the first one as its 13 years since I last heard it and I wasn't in the most, er sober frame of mind at the time!

Could well be love love to rock you. Will try a few searches and see if I can unearth a copy online to see, unless anyone her can dig one out?

Second one is the one that goes She's Crazy, She's Ga Ga. Not the typical lyrics for a house choon, but still fabulous. Now I have a title and artist I;ll get searching.

Thanks again!

Ali

ahmurray
1st December 2004, 03:41 PM
Well, one trip to www.htfr.com later and I have ordered a sparkly copy of Grampa She's Crazy, counting the days till it arrives!!

also looked for India Lover who rocks you - not is stock but they had an mp3 sample and it IS the track I remembered so I am half way there, only a matter of time now.

Can't thank you enough ppl

Any luck on the andy crock track i posted a few days back - will try and find the tape with it on and figure how to rip and post.

Cheers,

Ali

jonnyp
1st December 2004, 07:15 PM
One on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58642&item=4056034777&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

some on Gemm (http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=INDIA&title=LOVER+WHO+ROCKS+YOU)

jonnyp
1st December 2004, 07:19 PM
there's one on the gemm list for £5 or thereabouts (thanks to good $ exchange rate) from total recall records. It'd be about 10quid all in delivered by airmail I think

jonny