PDA

View Full Version : John Peel 94 Techno/House/Breakbeat

nathanjay
27th October 2004, 09:14 PM
I've been meaning to do this for ages: go thru my John Peel tapes and post some samples on here, so now seems an appropriate time :(

If you're one of the few who never listened to John Peel on Radio One, these are some of the tunes he was playing in 93/94... he wasnt just all about Blur & The Smiths...

1) Peel Trance - nice acidy techno with dreamy chords

2) Peel Breakbeat Techno - This is ACE, sounds like Omni Trio, that kind of ambient chords but with chopped up rave beats -if you only listen to one of these clips please try this one

3) Peel Funky - Very chilled 110bpm ish with oldskool beat

4) Peel Chockys Tunes - Nice Techno - on my recording he says its on Chockys Tunes but I cant find any reference to them on the net

5) Peel waWAHHH - short clip as the whole hard-techno tune is that waWAHH noise slowly getting louder

6) Peel Breakbeat Mental - does exactly what it says on the tin. But a nice bit at the end :)

Thank you all very very much

Mike
28th October 2004, 09:38 AM
Try searching for Choci's Chewns ;)

http://www.discogs.com/label/Choci's+Chewns

AntoH
28th October 2004, 03:59 PM
5) Peel waWAHHH , sound alot like one of the early nooms, of the top of my head i think this one. im shure someone will confirm for you, i cant check of my vinyl as im in Bangkok till march next year
http://www.discogs.com/release/52695

nathanjay
28th October 2004, 08:58 PM
I thought id come up with every variation of tunes/choons/chunes/toons.

Never thought to try chewns...

also cheers AntoH, ill try and find out what.who Nooms is :)

slim
28th October 2004, 10:32 PM
dont know any of the ids but i used to listen to peely many years ago on them late nites and he used to play excellent variety of dance. r.i.p. mate
:(

Northern Star
28th October 2004, 10:41 PM
Tell you what too...that trance he is playing there is the proper stuff imo :$ The kinda stuff you get on TIP recordings........ :thumbsup: phones:

billy liar
29th October 2004, 07:27 PM
If anyones got the fabric 7 live wiv Squire Peel, play it all weekend.
Pure balearia b4 the fkin cockcockneys abused it and were still shittin their nappies.
No offence meant like.
Love to all
billy :mexican:

nathanjay
29th October 2004, 11:17 PM
yeah I often log on to the forums when Im mashed too.

Cheers for the recommendation, Ive tracked it down...3hrs to download :)