PDA

View Full Version : 91 rave tune

busstop
29th May 2002, 06:01 PM
big tune in north west at the time.contained some dodgy euro rapping.the chorus went "pump pump pump,pump up the left side,pump pump pump pump,pump up the right,when the party begins to flow pump the one two oh!" or something like that.it was big in legends in warrington.happy days

Shooms
29th May 2002, 06:10 PM
Might be stating an obvious (& incorrect) one here - DJ H feat Stefy "Think about".... ??

Was this a pianoy type tune ?

Also welcome to the board bud - this is where the old skool addicts hang out:crazy: Get yaself over to the chillout & introduce yaself to the otehr loons :thumbsup:

busstop
29th May 2002, 09:27 PM
its not dj h feat. steffi,but it did come out about the same time.there are no pianos on it but there are keyboards.it sounds like an organ or something similar.there's also a sample of a woman singing"nasty" .i think its from the salsoul orchestra - "nice and nasty".hope this is a help

Biskit
12th June 2002, 03:13 PM
The tune you are most definately on about here is...

'PUMP THE 1-2-0' by 'ZANZAMAN' (Italy EYE TO EYE RECORDS)

The tune plods along with a not so cheesey, jazzy style piano riff with a dodgy male rap over the top chanting the lyrics...

Pump, pump, pump, pump up the left side,
Pump, pump, pump, pump up the right,
When the party begins to flow,
Pump the 1-2-0.

Catchy kind of tune, and if you find a copy on vinyl, you're lucky, it's very rare!!! I've got a copy, but thats mine. I hope I've helped you out Busstop!!
:rotate: :rotate: :rotate: :rotate: :rotate: :rotate:

VinylAnimal
13th June 2002, 04:40 AM
Nice going Biskit mate :thumbsup:

Originally posted by busstop
it was big in legends in warrington

Lololol I don't remember it but from the description it sounds just like the kinda stuff Legends played :D

Fukkin top club !!!

:band:

pauly p
14th June 2002, 01:13 PM
oh yes - defo Zanzaman - pump the 1-2-0.
My copy is on Airplay records (big black, yellow and red cover with pictures on dancing figures).
Is this rare then?

Pauly P

Biskit
14th June 2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by pauly p
oh yes - defo Zanzaman - pump the 1-2-0.
My copy is on Airplay records (big black, yellow and red cover with pictures on dancing figures).
Is this rare then?

Pauly P
I should think so, PP. The tune itself is rather rare, even rarer on orig' Italian Import (Eye to Eye). More often than not, once a tune signs to another label, the originator deletes it. Thats why it makes it so feckin' 'ard to get a hold of the original copy! Original released day 1, picked up day 2, signed day 3, pressed up on other label day 4, Original label deletes it day 5. Start of new week, released on new label, and so on. This doesn't go 4 everything, some tunes are just DAMN RARE!!:mad:

pauly p
14th June 2002, 02:01 PM
cheers for that
Much appreciated

Pauly P

p.s. What about when its one of those tunes like Golden Girls - Kinetic or similar that comes out every year on a different label with different mixes. Hate it when that happens especially when it first comes out you spend ages searching for it.

I can see this happening with that new Cosmos tune - I first heard it a year ago, it was on b-side of the promo that only Mr Middleton has etc .. then the bootlegs appear ... now I`ve heard they have held it back again and there are going to be vocal mixes heading for the charts - Doh!

Biskit
14th June 2002, 02:31 PM
It makes the tune too damn easy to get hold of, and the original label copy that bit harder, and when it does appear on the original label, and the person who's got it, knows it, they bump the price up! Fair do's to some people, but others do tend to go over the top! :(