PDA

View Full Version : hip hop

pauly p
29th May 2002, 09:03 AM
Just happened to be listening to the first ever essential selection when horribly wrong took over from Jeff Young`s big beat.

There`s a big funky raw hip hop tune with bits of "mr sandman send me a dream, make it the biggest I`ve ever seen"

Any takers

Pauly P

doolz
29th May 2002, 01:11 PM
damn i remember that ill see if i can rember who it is

sirius
29th May 2002, 07:51 PM
Gees, thats an old 'n'. I remember that tune too - buggered if I know the name now though, its exactly the type of thing I used to be well into. Back when the Tong essential was fresh and exiting.....
There was loads of stuff like that tune which I wish I knew the name of now. I used to have all the tapes, might still have, but unfortunately I used to press pause to save tape room when all the talking was on....................good idea at the time, big mistake now!!!.
Id be intrested to know this myself. Its got that bonkers squeely yet crunchy sound on hasnt it?. Who used to do the Radio 1 rap show, I seem to remember it being somebody like mark goodier or sommet (before pete tong took over the rap show and essential mix kicked off).

pauly p
30th May 2002, 09:08 AM
t`was Jeff Young (he narrates on BBC documentaries now).
I`ve still load loads of those tapes (also kiss fm, capital, fantasy fm, picadilly key 103, sunset radio etc...) which I tried to edit at the time by cutting off all the speaking (which I also regret. Doh!)

Pauly P