PDA

View Full Version : old skool(ish) help needed

cyberken
11th August 2004, 11:18 PM
Ok this is a long shot but im looking for the name of a tract - but i dont know the name of the tract or the artist.
I remember the cover being like an old work of art.
The tune was a house/trance like track from the late 80's/early 90's
The beat builds up and then stops with a male voice whispering and quite eery saying "can you hear it, its getting closer" then the beat comes back.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :fekked:

Mike
12th August 2004, 08:58 AM
If it's a hardcore tune I think you're on about

Hyper On Experience - Thunder Grip

It's on Moving Shadow Records, #30 - Deaf in the Family EP
http://www.discogs.com/release/35797

Be prepared to pay the best part of £100 for it though!! If you just want an mp3 it should be easy to find on soulseek (www.slsknet.org)

:thumbsup:

Edit: just re-read your post and I see you said house/trance... doh!!! The tune I've mentioned above does match your description though and the sleeve of the 12" is very "arty" !!!

Stuck in Aahz
12th August 2004, 02:03 PM
Could be Hope-Tree Frog. The vocal goes: "Listen....It's getting closer". Does it have some frog-like sounds in it?

BUNKERHEADZ
12th August 2004, 02:16 PM
Like Stuck In said, I'll bet it is that one :D

Martin91
13th August 2004, 02:49 PM
Could be Hope-Tree Frog. The vocal goes: "Listen....It's getting closer". Does it have some frog-like sounds in it?

i'll third that notion, not sure of the cover but the vocals description is spot on exact...

Kizzer
13th August 2004, 07:35 PM
Now Heres A Sample:

cyberken
13th August 2004, 11:46 PM
Hi,
Thanx to everyone who helped :wave:
Ive actually found the name of the track on the Clubland Forum. Its called Are You Out There? by Crescendo.

Thanx once again to all :luv: