PDA

View Full Version : Graeme Park @ Hacienda, 7 March '92

Noel
22nd April 2004, 04:07 PM
Got this as 7 March '91 but as the Hac was shut then & going by the tracks would i be right in dating it 7 March '92?

1. Paula Abdul 'Vibeology' (Silky Sax Dub)
2. Definition Of Sound 'Moira Jane's Cafe' ...what mix? (http://www.discogs.com/release/134568)
3. World Power 'I'm Happy' ..prob (After The Rave Mix) (http://www.discogs.com/release/77996)
4. Funk Machine feat Katia Thompson 'I've Closed the Door'
5. Cuddles 'Gotta Hold On'
6. A Certain Ratio '27 Forever'
7. Radical Rob 'Monkey Wah' (Instrumental)
8. ???
9. ??? - female scat
10. Blind Truth 'Why Can't We See'
11. Chocolate Fudge 'Locamotion'

11. Chocolate Fudge 'Locamotion'
12. ??? - "when we lost the feeling"
13. ??? - "you're gonna be mine" ..poss Cathy Dennis 'Everybody Move'
14. Nia Peeples 'Streets of Dreams' (Shep Pettibone House Dub)
15. Bananarama 'Trippin' On Your Love' think it's Hurley or e-smoothe mix ....prob silky's seventies mix (http://www.discogs.com/release/222230)
16. ??? - "strange" "i can't get over it, i can't around it" poss poss Dee Dee Brave 'Can't Get Over It'
17. ??? - "that would be ecstacy" "groovy" think it samples MFSB 'K-Jee'
18. Ice T 'New Jack Hustler' (David Morales D-Stress Mix)
19. Whycliffe 'Whatever It Is'
20. Jungle Brothers 'What U Waitin 4?'
21. Sound Factory 'Cuban Gigolo'
22. ??? - breakbeat "too much of a good thing blew my mind"
23. The New FADs 'Big' (Baka Mix) ..breifly being mixed in

Apologies for #7... i prob had this id'd last week or summat but can't remember... really bugging me :axe:

Konspiracy
22nd April 2004, 04:16 PM
19 is this, pretty sure

http://www.discogs.com/release/47681

20 is the Jungle Bros - What U Waitin 4 I think...

Have you seen any Shine tapes from Fridays Noel with Pickering n Sasha etc..?

Konspiracy
22nd April 2004, 04:20 PM
I'd reckon it was 92, it certainly aint March 91, most people had cleared off to Shelleys, the Quad n Blackpool then cos there was nowhere else to go in Manchester:(

wildpitch
22nd April 2004, 04:26 PM
7 - Is Baffa I think, I'll check when I get home. That JB's tune is peach. phones:

BUNKERHEADZ
22nd April 2004, 04:46 PM
Are you sure 'bout that #7?
If it was already ID'ed I would have know that, 'cause I'm after that one since 1990!

SOMEBODY GIVE US A NAME FOR THAT ONE!!!! :D

Konspiracy
22nd April 2004, 04:52 PM
If it was already ID'ed I would have know that, 'cause I'm after that one since 1990!

SOMEBODY GIVE US A NAME FOR THAT ONE!!!! :D

urm, its not been ID'd bud... :|

It is very familiar tho... :S

wildpitch
22nd April 2004, 04:59 PM
urm, its not been ID'd bud... :|

It is very familiar tho... :S

Lol, I got me numbers confused, number7 is Baffa I think, not 5. It's the thing with rap in it if IRC.

marchwiel
22nd April 2004, 05:08 PM
Noel,

16 may be Dee Dee Brave (I can't get over it) (http://www.discogs.com/release/129846) , not really sure though.

Konspiracy
22nd April 2004, 05:20 PM
Lol, I got me numbers confused, number7 is Baffa I think, not 5. It's the thing with rap in it if IRC.

Just checked Baffa on that album that came out years ago, its vvvv similar but not the one, unless its a diff mix on the 12 WP??

Missed this tune in my first sweep of the samples :rolleyes: Its doing mi swede in..

Noel
22nd April 2004, 05:40 PM
Thanx Lads :thumbsup:

Have you seen any Shine tapes from Fridays Noel with Pickering n Sasha etc..?
Nah m8... was that what the Fri nite at the Hac was called in '92? Will let you know if i do...

I'd reckon it was 92, it certainly aint March 91, most people had cleared off to Shelleys, the Quad n Blackpool then cos there was nowhere else to go in Manchester:(
It's deffo early '92.. think somebody slipped up with the year somewhere along the line as the 7 March was a Saturday in '92 so it makes sense. Haven't got much else to campare from that time but I know Sasha was playing Funk Machine around then.

Nah m8... it's just sooooo familiar & is bugging me massively! :'( prob haven't had id'd b4 then but i've deffo heard it somewhere else recently!

16 may be Dee Dee Brave (I can't get over it) (http://www.discogs.com/release/129846) , not really sure though.
Could be m8.. coz that's from '92. Hopefully it'll ring a bell with somebod

pluto
22nd April 2004, 05:53 PM
lol i was tempted to put baffa - piano on for 7 .....very similar to it......but its one of the mixes of radical rob - monkey wah :thumbsup:

Konspiracy
22nd April 2004, 05:54 PM
was that what the Fri nite at the Hac was called in '92? Will let you know if i do...

Baah, ah well.. When it reopened mid 91 Pickering stayed on Fridays plus Guests (twice a month Sasha) and Parky moved to Saturdays

Friday still rocked whereas Saturdays crowd went really dressy n posey (looooooads of fits girls though :) )..

Im after a Pickering and Sasha set from one Friday July 91 when KKlass PA'd I think, they played loads of classics. Its one of the only nights I remember clearly because I wasnt that mashed and we were all off to Ibiza the next morning...aaaah Happy Days :)

pluto
22nd April 2004, 05:55 PM
i'm quite sure it's the instrumental version on this ep....just need to find,,,unless someone else has it nearby to confirm
http://www.discogs.com/release/142645

doolz
22nd April 2004, 06:48 PM
yes grover it is:thumbsup:

Noel
22nd April 2004, 06:53 PM
i'm quite sure it's the instrumental version on this ep....just need to find,,,unless someone else has it nearby to confirm
Yes it's the inst... it's on the Sasha V. Mike Pickering @ Kaos, 22 Nov '91 set i have... thought i knew it! Well done Mick :king: Think Bunker will be quite pleased too...

Baah, ah well.. When it reopened mid 91 Pickering stayed on Fridays plus Guests (twice a month Sasha) and Parky moved to Saturdays

Friday still rocked whereas Saturdays crowd went really dressy n posey (looooooads of fits girls though :) )..

Im after a Pickering and Sasha set from one Friday July 91 when KKlass PA'd I think, they played loads of classics. Its one of the only nights I remember clearly because I wasnt that mashed and we were all off to Ibiza the next morning...aaaah Happy Days :)
Oh I do have 1 then... a cracking Pickering set from Dec '91 i ripped from my brothers tape... not the one your after tho! I'm surprised i aint seen any of those Sasha sets about if he was there twice monthly... prehaps Al has a few???

wildpitch
22nd April 2004, 07:06 PM

Good spot man. Never noticed how similar RR and Baffa were before. :crazy:

Konspiracy
22nd April 2004, 07:09 PM
Oh I do have 1 then... a cracking Pickering set from Dec '91 i ripped from my brothers tape... not the one your after tho! I'm surprised i aint seen any of those Sasha sets about if he was there twice monthly... prehaps Al has a few???

Sounds good :thumbsup: For some reason Shine sets are rarer than teets on a bull, like 88 sets :(

Noel
22nd April 2004, 07:30 PM
Sounds good :thumbsup: For some reason Shine sets are rarer than teets on a bull, like 88 sets :(

Man, I'd kill for an '88 Hac set!!!! :starwars:

:drevil:

sample_city
24th April 2004, 05:57 PM
Paula Abdul - Vibeology is the Silky Sax Dub mixed by the man like Steve Silk Hurley!

Noel
27th April 2004, 03:45 PM
Paula Abdul - Vibeology is the Silky Sax Dub mixed by the man like Steve Silk Hurley!

Cheers :thumbsup:

ab45
30th April 2004, 12:07 AM
Hi all
Bit l8 on this been away a while:)
Track 5 is Cuddles - Gotta Hold On - Delphinus Delphus

Tune

(So is Cosmic Dance - a forgoten classic on Delphinus)

ab45
30th April 2004, 12:19 AM
Hi again:)
Track 13 sounds like Cathy Dennis - Everybody Move
will try and dig it out to confirm m8:)

Noel
30th April 2004, 02:40 PM
Thanx AB :thumbsup: ..glad you got #5 m8 as I'm lovin the breakbeat part of it from the begining of my clip :heart:

Roberto
1st May 2004, 06:29 PM
Hello Noel,

trak 12 = Infra-Red "When Luv's the feeling" on Strobe Records, Canada.
Couldn't tell you which mix though, and Infra-Red apparently released the track twice on Strobe.

Love that Moira Jane's Café mix - Happy happy :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican: :mexican:

Noel
4th May 2004, 09:29 AM
Thanx again Roberto :thumbsup:

...been after that one for a while :)

oldskooldazed (al)
4th May 2004, 10:02 AM
alreet noel ya nutta ive id'd infra red befoir lol even give ya heads up in my mp3 collection

catch up on soul aitn seen ya on for ages - im off back fucked :(

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Noel
5th May 2004, 11:06 AM
alreet noel ya nutta ive id'd infra red befoir lol even give ya heads up in my mp3 collection

catch up on soul aitn seen ya on for ages - im off back fucked :(

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ya joking.. can't remember u id'n that, been after 4 a while :axe:

aye bin busy at work so aint bin on slsk as much l8ly...

sorry to hear bout your back m8 :(