PDA

View Full Version : Vocal to ID

Here's Johnny
24th April 2002, 06:34 PM
Right chaps, what's this female vocal/accapella from?

Imagine your soul in a dark room
Where there are red and blue lights
Where your hearbeat is the rhythm of the base
Where you can hear only music
This music comes from paradise
This music comes from your mind
This music is love
This music is ecstacy
This music is ambient

From round about 1991/early 1992

sirius
24th April 2002, 08:06 PM
I remeber that. Buggered if I can remember what its of though. Dont know why, but Messiah, Fantasia first taste spring to mind.......I dont think its them though. :axe: :axe:

Im gonna keep tabs on this one.......

See ya,

Sirius.

turpieaj
24th April 2002, 09:05 PM
Hiya Johhny,

Being jock like me, you probably heard it on a Marc Smith mix tape or live set. I remember him playing it at the earthquaker rave up in scotland and kicked in Beltram/program 2 over the top of it. Let me know if you find out m8.

Regards Andy

sirius
24th April 2002, 09:38 PM
There was a video of that wasnt there?.......I remember it I think from that. It plays Suburban Delay right at the end of the video......

A reaaly synthy/stringy number comes in - Is that the tune you mention turpieaj??

Sirius.

turpieaj
24th April 2002, 11:37 PM
Nah, the tune has the sample "Its the new style!" on it and was a really big tune on r&s records sorta hoover techno mentasm style..

Here's Johnny
25th April 2002, 10:46 PM
Yip - I'm sure it's on a Marc Smith tape from late 1991/92

The tune before the vocal is the Omen, after the vocal he drops the mental synth bit from DJ Professor "We gotta do it".

Bugger me If I know what the vocal's from

Later in the tape he also drops a ravey tune "let me know, let me know, I want a revolution" (female vocal) - any suggestions to this?

Cheers

turpieaj
25th April 2002, 11:38 PM
hey Johhny, would ye credit it, my marc smith tape actually cuts off on the DJ proffessor track....Send me a sample of that tune via my icq if you can and I will have a listen m8.
If you have that tape still, you will find that bloody gotham city track I have been after for years, its the one b4 he mixes in Malcolm Mclarens Magics Back..