PDA

View Full Version : beat is working

metronome1991
11th March 2004, 06:56 PM
im after a club/house tune i have on a tony walker tape which is live at the pleasure rooms in leeds i think its from around 1996 the track im after half way through samples a male vocal which says "the beat is working" which repeats help?any ideas

GRIMMY
11th March 2004, 07:38 PM
There was a tune called "I Want Bass" which was released in 96. Just been re-released as a scouse house tune by Overdose. It has the original mix on it but wether thats the one from 96 or the original re-work I don't know. Think the one from 96 had a different artist name tho. Butty has it. Check out the timeless mixes as he plays it on one of 'em. Think its June's one.

Has it got a piano in it and a bird singing "All I want is the bass yeah"?

metronome1991
11th March 2004, 11:02 PM
There was a tune called "I Want Bass" which was released in 96. Just been re-released as a scouse house tune by Overdose. It has the original mix on it but wether thats the one from 96 or the original re-work I don't know. Think the one from 96 had a different artist name tho. Butty has it. Check out the timeless mixes as he plays it on one of 'em. Think its June's one.

Has it got a piano in it and a bird singing "All I want is the bass yeah"?
there's no other vocals just "the beat is working" i can play it down the phone tomorrow to ya?

derrickaddict
12th March 2004, 03:04 AM
Disco-Tex - Vol. 3 (Disco-Tex Records)
a1 I (Heart) Musik (o'jays classic i love music remix)

metronome1991
12th March 2004, 10:06 AM
the 2nd part of that mp3 ya posted is it m8! is there a dub on that ep without the "i love music" vocals? thanks metro91

Biskit
12th March 2004, 10:32 AM
the 2nd part of that mp3 ya posted is it m8! is there a dub on that ep without the "i love music" vocals? thanks metro91

Nah Disco Tex 3 has 4 tunes on it, all diffo n all disco cut-ups!! :)

metronome1991
14th March 2004, 08:49 PM
Disco-Tex - Vol. 3 (Disco-Tex Records)
a1 I (Heart) Musik (o'jays classic i love music remix)

that mp3 you posted m8 have you got the full track on mp3 ? the 2nd half of the mp3 you posted sounds very much like the tune im after, but clip is too short to recognise it. thanks metro