PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Trip

Dj Britalian
10th April 2002, 11:58 AM
Has anybody heard of this, if so do they know who it is by:crazy:

Jonno
10th April 2002, 12:03 PM
It was originally by Mackensie but the version everyone used to play was the Italian release by Alpha DY

Dj Britalian
10th April 2002, 12:05 PM
Top man Jonno:D

VinylAnimal
10th April 2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Gaz
Top man Jonno:D

I'll second that :thumbsup:

Jonno named it for me ages ago and I managed to get hold of it the other week :D :D :D :D :D

Big shout to Jonno and massive respect, cause without his help I'd still be listening to the bootleg :( :(

Just gotta get Q-Words now.... ;)

nathan
10th April 2002, 03:41 PM
one that goes....yo party people get ready for this...action

Dj Britalian
10th April 2002, 03:42 PM
Save some of that vinyl for me VA, Lol.:crazy:

VinylAnimal
10th April 2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by nathan
one that goes....yo party people get ready for this...action

"Energy Levels Start To Increase............."

It's one of "those tunes", heheheheh If you don't get it from the snippet above then you've not heard it !!!!!

Jonno
11th April 2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by VinylAnimal
Big shout to Jonno and massive respect, cause without his help I'd still be listening to the bootleg Fucking hell, cheers VA.
I found out it was Alpha DY off Sasha when he played at a night my mate used to put on called Liberties in Blackburn way back in 91. He told us I'd never be able to find a copy of it. Incidentally, it was the same club which he had his first proper residency at, back when it used to be Hacienda, Blackburn. So I read in an interview with him in Muzic mag last year anyway.

Shooms
11th April 2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Jonno
Fucking hell, cheers VA.
I found out it was Alpha DY off Sasha when he played at a night my mate used to put on called Liberties in Blackburn way back in 91. He told us I'd never be able to find a copy of it. Incidentally, it was the same club which he had his first proper residency at, back when it used to be Hacienda, Blackburn. So I read in an interview with him in Muzic mag last year anyway.

Jonno mate - won a load of old mixtapes of ebay recently - got a tape of Sasha @ Liberties (was it @ Monroes ?) also somebody else from there - Craig ?? Ring any bells ?

Sets are great btw if anyone wants a copy.

Jonno
11th April 2002, 01:55 PM
Liberties used to be @Manhattan Heights in Blackburn. I used to DJ there from time to time. It’s burnt down now. Craig will more than likely be Craig Carmichael. He’s my mate, I used to DJ with him at the Mill in Preston. He was resident at Carlos in Colne amongst other things.

On the Sasha set – does the acapella of Brass Disk go into PJB – Bridge Over Troubled Water. He also played K-Klass Rhythm Is A Mystery. Can’t remember much else about his set that night.
I’d absolutely love a copy of that mix Shooms if that’s at all possible. Bit cheeky but what else did you get?

Shooms
11th April 2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Jonno
Liberties used to be @Manhattan Heights in Blackburn. I used to DJ there from time to time. It’s burnt down now. Craig will more than likely be Craig Carmichael. He’s my mate, I used to DJ with him at the Mill in Preston. He was resident at Carlos in Colne amongst other things.

On the Sasha set – does the acapella of Brass Disk go into PJB – Bridge Over Troubled Water. He also played K-Klass Rhythm Is A Mystery. Can’t remember much else about his set that night.
I’d absolutely love a copy of that mix Shooms if that’s at all possible. Bit cheeky but what else did you get?

Jonno - it is exactly that set :thumbsup: need to do a copy for Alan - will do you a copy too mate.

Also in this tape pack was a load of stuff from Andy Pendle (DJ Pengy) - never heard of him before but sounds good to me

sweet sensation
11th April 2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by VinylAnimal

"Energy Levels Start To Increase............."

It's one of "those tunes", heheheheh If you don't get it from the snippet above then you've not heard it !!!!!

Awww tune VA !! :thumbsup:

Sweet xx