PDA

View Full Version : 2 91/92 IDs. The 12 year quest continues...

djmojo
6th January 2004, 06:26 PM
Any help appreciated.

I can tell you a little bit about each of them. They were both recorded by a Los Angeles DJ named Barry Weaver on a promotional tape sold in 1992 called "Trip Train."

The first has the classic Lynn Collins break, with a sample of a bird singing "Baby" over the top, and a housey, Organ riff. The sample has been identified possibly as Sandee, if that helps. THe only other noticeable thing about it is there is a part where the "Baby" sample keeps repeating, but is pitched up as it repeats - a trippy little effect for its time.

The second tune is the one I am really after! It continues to drive me crazy! It is acid house with a funky bass line, and almost a latin groove to it. The sample I have posted is a mix - the first few seconds or so also have the song "Frequency One" by the Lemon Heads on it. I have identified the following samples in the second song, if it helps:

1. "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" from Willy Wonka
2. The horn sounds toward the end come from a song called "Something Tells Me" by Tiger Moon
3. The little horn break down is from Michael Jackson's "Working Night and Day", and was also sampled in Richie Rich's "Salsa House"
4. You can barely make out Doug Lazy's "Let it Roll" bass line and break looping underneath.

Sorry for the lengthy descriptions, but I am desperate. Thanks for your attention.

djmojo
6th January 2004, 06:28 PM
One more attachment.

Shooms
6th January 2004, 06:37 PM
Hey mate - no idea on either of them but lovin that 2nd attachment :heart: - sounds deffo US to me... sorta TT-ish ? that sound coming in at 30 secs is lush :heart:

doolz
6th January 2004, 11:59 PM
love that first one
hope u get that id'd

mojo u dont know hwo this is do ya
ENERGY (http://www.pianoheaven.net/forum/attachment.php?postid=193275)

doolz
7th January 2004, 12:00 AM
the second one im sure ive heard recently maybe alan/oldskoodazed will know

djmojo
7th January 2004, 12:28 AM
Hey Doolz, how ya been? Thanks for looking at the tunes, I know you've heard em before.

No ideas on the energy track, mate... but I'll do a little research and see what I can find out.

djmojo
21st January 2004, 06:00 PM
This is the acid house ID I requested at the top of this thread. The post is a little longer and a little better quality in the hopes it will spark some recognition. :confused:

Thanks peeps! :thumbsup:

ab45
21st January 2004, 10:18 PM
Sorry i cant help you any more than confirm that the 'Baby' vocal is indeed Sandee-Notice Me on fever records :)
good luck :)

djmojo
13th April 2005, 11:39 PM
Kick for the hell of it.