PDA

View Full Version : Hacienda 8th Birthday, 21 May '90 B

Noel
5th December 2003, 11:20 AM
14. ??? - "pressure" "peace, love"
15. Subliminal Aurra 'No Stoppin''
16. Mixmasters 'In the Mix'
17. Neal Howard 'Induldge'
18. First Choice 'Let No man Put Asunder' (Acca)
19. Robin Wants Revenge 'Robin Wants Revenge'
20. Da Posse 'It's My Life' (Keys Mix)
21. Ecstacy 'Don't Play Me Raw'
22. Soft House Company 'What You Need'
23. ??? - "this poem......" Bobby Konders 'The Poem'?
24. ??? - TUNE! "running, no more running" know this from us mix? poss Jovonn 'TURN AND RUN AWAY'
25. K.Tronics Ensemble 'House of Calypso'
26. Black Box 'Everybody Everybody'

Is this Sounds of Blackness?

Noel
5th December 2003, 11:22 AM
Is this Bobby Konders 'The Poem'?

Noel
5th December 2003, 11:23 AM
Complete guess....is this Jovonn 'Turn & Run Away'?

Konspiracy
5th December 2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Noel
Is this Bobby Konders 'The Poem'?

Yeah, classic tunage

Konspiracy
5th December 2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Noel
14. ??? - "pressure" "peace, love"

Sounds like a Dave Lee production that, possibly Do It, Believe it??

wildpitch
5th December 2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Konspiracy
Sounds like a Dave Lee production that, possibly Do It, Believe it??

Definitely Dave Lee, I've got a couple of 12's of this and it isn't on either of them though. Could be the tune that he had in the charts around the same time, as that was pretty much a reworking of Do It Believe It.

brady
5th December 2003, 10:12 PM
yeah i would say 14 is that too

but not got the vinyl now to confirm soz

Joey Negro - Do It, Believe It

Dj_bones
6th December 2003, 12:29 PM
Hi ya m8
23 is as K said definatly bobby konders & 24 is definatly Jovonn
:)

Dj Bones

Play Djbones Classic 88-90mix (http://dj_bones1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/djbones8890mix.rm)

Noel
9th December 2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Dj_bones
Hi ya m8
23 is as K said definatly bobby konders & 24 is definatly Jovonn
:)

Dj Bones

Play Djbones Classic 88-90mix (http://dj_bones1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/djbones8890mix.rm)
Thanx bones, had a feeling 24 was Jovonn. Great tune....:heart:

brady
11th December 2003, 09:55 PM
just noticed that ive got a mix named as the 8th hac b.day-

DJ Sasha / Digweed @ Hacienda 8th birthday 21.5.94 (http://www.dreamwater.com/music/bradyman/sasha-hac8.htm)

so if your 21.5.90 mix is the 8th b.day then mine must be the 12th b.day

can anybody confirm this before i re-date my mix ??

Konspiracy
11th December 2003, 10:02 PM
yeah the 8th birthday was in 90 so yours must be the 12th then

brady
11th December 2003, 10:06 PM
seems a bit strange somebody miss naming it by 4 years Doh!!

cheers konspiracy

Geeky
11th December 2003, 10:21 PM
It was defo 10th birthday in 1992 and 15th birthday in 1997, cause I went to both of em!

:D

Konspiracy
12th December 2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by geekboy
It was defo 10th birthday in 1992 and 15th birthday in 1997, cause I went to both of em!
:D

Wasnt the 10th birthday the night it kicked off big time or was it the fashion show thingy a few nights before? My memories a bit fuzzy:S

Noel
12th December 2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by brady
just noticed that ive got a mix named as the 8th hac b.day-

DJ Sasha / Digweed @ Hacienda 8th birthday 21.5.94 (http://www.dreamwater.com/music/bradyman/sasha-hac8.htm)

so if your 21.5.90 mix is the 8th b.day then mine must be the 12th b.day

can anybody confirm this before i re-date my mix ??

My copy of that Sasha/Digweed set came labled as the 12th birthday, but i had seen it labled as the 8th birthday a fair bit on winmx & soulseek. Always thought it a bit strange when i knew that the hac had opened in '82......

Geeky
14th December 2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Konspiracy
Wasnt the 10th birthday the night it kicked off big time or was it the fashion show thingy a few nights before? My memories a bit fuzzy:S

I don't remember too much of the 10th birthday to be honest. I was fresh out of school and it was one of me first proper nights out. what I do remember from the night is taking me t-shirt off at the back of the stage, leaving it there and having to go home shirtless! :axe:

I Remember such a good feeling and Njoi belting out at the end of the night, but i didn't truly appreciate what was going off in there at the time. :'(

The 15th i remember vividly as being a shite night. No old skool at all, apart from K-Klass live on stage for half an hour. I could see the Dj's holloway and eastwick(?) taking the piss outa the crowd and k-klass and then proceeded to play mindless techno crap for the rest of the evening.

what a let down :@

Konspiracy
15th December 2003, 11:01 AM
Dont remember the birthday on the 21st that much meself. Im pretty sure it kicked off big time near the alcoves under the DJ booth cos I was walking past as it happened. Couldve even been the same night some tit had a pop at Morales with a bottle

I remember the fashion show on the bank holiday clearly as for once I was sober, a girl I used to know was modelling and a couple of us got in for nowt, which was nice. It was an odd night, never been to a show like that and its very unlikely I ever will again:S

Roberto
13th September 2004, 10:06 PM
Think again, Wildpitch and Brady fellas. If I'm not mistaken, Track 14 MUST be "Do it, believe it" by Joey Negro !!!??? :S :S :S

Can't think of any Dave Lee tune in the charts in Spring 90 that would be a reworking of Do it believe it. (He did Masters of the Universe around that time, but I know that one, it's not the one in the clip).

"Do It believe it", was released both on US Nu Groove and on UK Z Records, and both records don't seem to have the same mixes labelled (see on Discogs), so the clip could be a mix on one of both labels. I don't have any of these original releases of the tune, so I can't check, but you could.

Cheers