PDA

View Full Version : Dave Dorrell @ Decadence '92

Noel
4th December 2003, 04:41 PM
Can anyone date this set? I'd say it was from the latter half of '92....

1. Gat Decor 'Passion'
2. Glam 'Hell's Party'
3. Hardfloor 'Acperience'
4. Fargetta 'Music (Was My First Love)'
5. ??? - Class Action 'Weekend' (Acca.) over wicked beat ???
6. TC 1992 'Funky Guitar'
7. S Bam 'Chica Boom'
8. FPI Project 'Everbody (All Over the World)'
9. Djaimin 'Give You'
10. New Atlantic 'Take Off Some Time'

10. New Atlantic 'Take Off Some Time'
11. Chase 'Music Is My Life'
12. Felix 'Don't You Want Me'
13. Sister Sledge 'We Are Family' (Remix)
14. Westbam 'Alarm Clock'
15. Secchi 'Keep On Jammin''
16. ??? - includes The Stone Roses 'Fools Gold'
17. Whitney Houston 'I'm Your Baby Tonight' (Acca.)
18. Rebel MC 'Comin' On Strong'
19. Jestofunk 'I'm Gonna Love You'
20. Outrage 'Tall and Handsome'
21. Bizzare Inc 'I'm Gonna get You' (Todd Terry Mix)

Fooking love this unkown.....

Noel
4th December 2003, 04:43 PM
What's going on here......?

doolz
4th December 2003, 04:50 PM
the weekend one is
The Todd Terry Project - Weekend (U.S. Dub)
or poss the uk remix same basline

pauly p
4th December 2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Noel
What's going on here......?

good question, secchi - keep on jammin` (remix) - stone roses - fools gold, bits of grand piano - some home made megamix me reckons :confused: pretty mad tune

Noel
9th December 2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by pauly p
good question, secchi - keep on jammin` (remix) - stone roses - fools gold, bits of grand piano - some home made megamix me reckons :confused: pretty mad tune

Yeah it is pretty mad, but good tho. Secchi is the tune on b4 BTW.

Come on guys, someone must be able to give me an approx date for this. My Bruv brought the tape but he won't have a clue!

brady
9th December 2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by doolz
the weekend one is
The Todd Terry Project - Weekend (U.S. Dub)
or poss the uk remix same basline

yeah i would agree with the UK remix but not got the vinyl now to confirm soz

sirius
9th December 2003, 07:34 PM
What sort of accuracy of date are you after? lol.

Id say (guestimate) September 1992 onwards becuase of the Felix, Fargetta, Glam and TC'92 which were all on the brink of the late 1992/1993 italian sounding tune explosion.

Could be wrong, but Id say mid to late 1992. How do you know it wasnt mixed in 1993 using some of the last years records? I dont think Dave Dorell hung up his headphones completely until late 1993 or even early 1994. He always did a nice broad mix.

Wonder what he's doing now? I havent seen him since that TV show.....what was it called....errm....B.P.M I think, or that one before it that came after Hitman and her era.

Sirius.

wildpitch
9th December 2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by sirius
I dont think Dave Dorell hung up his headphones completely until late 1993 or even early 1994. He always did a nice broad mix.

Wonder what he's doing now? I havent seen him since that TV show.....what was it called....errm....B.P.M I think, or that one before it that came after Hitman and her era.

Sirius.

Doesn't he manage a rock band? Can't remember their name, it's a Brit band that is / was 10 times more popular in the US than they are here I think.

oldskooldazed (al)
9th December 2003, 08:48 PM
aint it

Bush

gwen steffanis fellas band

al

:D :D :D :D

wildpitch
9th December 2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by OldskoolDazed (al)
aint it

Bush

gwen steffanis fellas band

al

:D :D :D :D

Thats the one, you know your dodgy music don't you Al. ;)

Noel
10th December 2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by sirius
What sort of accuracy of date are you after? lol.

Id say (guestimate) September 1992 onwards becuase of the Felix, Fargetta, Glam and TC'92 which were all on the brink of the late 1992/1993 italian sounding tune explosion.

Could be wrong, but Id say mid to late 1992. How do you know it wasnt mixed in 1993 using some of the last years records? I dont think Dave Dorell hung up his headphones completely until late 1993 or even early 1994. He always did a nice broad mix.

Sirius.

Cheers, that's the sort of accuracy i was after. Did consider '93 but i think my bruv brought the tape in '92....might be wrong though. Alway's thought late'92, but my knowledge isn't broad enough to be sure....