PDA

View Full Version : Badboy Come Again

BEN-JAMMIN'
4th April 2002, 10:31 AM
I'VE BEEN AFTER THIS TUNE FOR YEARS BUT HAVENT GOT A CLUE WHAT ITS CALLED. I WOULD SAY ITS AT LEAST 10 YRS OLD AND THE MAIN SAMPLE SCRATCHES THEN SAYS "BAD BOY" THEN SCRATCHES AGAIN THEN SAYS "COME AGAIN" AND THATS LOOPED FOR MOST OF THE TUNE.

ALSO ANOTHER ONE THATS ABOUT THE SAME AGE BUT A BIT MORE HARDCORE OLD SKOOL. POWER TO THE PEOPLE IS A SAMPLE IN THE TUNE. CARL COX, STU ALLEN, DJ BRISK USED TO PLAY IT AT KINETIC. WHEN THE BREAK COMES A MEATY RIFF BUILDS AND THEN JUST POUNDS THE FLOOR TO BITS. (YOU HAVE TO BEAR WITH ME WITH MY DESCRIPTIONS, NOT TOO GOOD I KNOW!)

WELL I COULD BE HERE ALL DAY SO THAT'LL DO ME FOR NOW!

CHEERS

BEN "JAMMIN" EDWARDS:axe:

doolz
4th April 2002, 10:39 AM
this ones allways comming up cant member what it is check the ids section of
http://www.b2vos.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

saw id thread couple dasys ago sure its same tune ya want

sweet sensation
4th April 2002, 10:49 AM
Rhythm For Reasons - The Grand National :D ;)

I think !!!

Sweet xx

sweet sensation
4th April 2002, 10:50 AM
1st one btw !!!

Dont know 2nd one !

Sweet xx

oldskooldazed (al)
4th April 2002, 12:02 PM
BEN I CAN SORT YA THESE M8 - U ALSO A STOKE LAD AINT YA OR FROM ROUND THIS WAY

OVER PAST FEW YRS IVE DONE MY BEST TO COLLECT MP3 OF SHELLEYS TUNES AND KINETIC AND IM NEAR ON 3000 PLAYLIST TUNES NOW - SASHA 91 SHELLEYS BEIN MY SPECIALITY I AVE 15 SETS FROM SHELLEYS - 25 ALLTOGEWTHER FEAT NIPPER DAZ WILLOT TECH G - SHOCK C N THE LIKE

ALAN

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

grad
4th April 2002, 02:47 PM
so whats the second one then Al?

oldskooldazed (al)
4th April 2002, 02:59 PM
sounds like the one on rabbit city recs

force mass motion - panic remix - samples that the white does but theres a few hip house tunes sample it

al

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

BEN-JAMMIN'
4th April 2002, 04:11 PM
hard to describe how this tune really does go.
i know the hip hop style sample your thinkin of, but it aint like that or renegade master style either, but i'm gonna av another go at describing it, but dont laugh.

right, at the start it goes:

der-dih-der-der-der power to power to people power to people

der-der-dih-dih-dih power to power to people power to people

thats all ya get of the sample really it loops through the tune quite a lot.

if anyone can guess it from that i'll eat my pc.
:phones: :eyes: :condom: :axe: :cool:

grad
4th April 2002, 04:20 PM
Al it's deffo not panic... i know the tune Ben's on about..i'd guess at about '94 maybe even 95...

If i can dig it out i'll up a sample.. :thumbsup:

Dara
4th April 2002, 09:20 PM
How about Cleptomaniacs - Positive Feedback??
That uses that sample.

grad
4th April 2002, 11:06 PM
i've stuck a sample up in my locker, ben can you check its the same tune you're on about..

powertothepeople

http://www.myplay.com

grad1000@lineone.net

pass - monkeypoo

:thumbsup:

BEN-JAMMIN'
9th April 2002, 12:03 PM
grad, all i can say is you are a fuckin star.

i've just listened to the powertothepeople sample and you have got it spot on. nearly fuckin lost it at me desk again then m8,
weekends chemicals nearly kicked back in!!!

i better go and get some brown sauce,salt and tomato ketchup cus this pc isnt gonna taste very nice!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

grad
9th April 2002, 12:32 PM
no probs, we've got the right tune now we just need an i.d?????

BEN-JAMMIN'
9th April 2002, 02:10 PM
how about rewind 88 92 have a listen to it, he'll probably know it

JAZ
9th April 2002, 05:47 PM
If this is as was stated above a 95 ish tune (sort of techno/happy hardcore yeah?)
Then I have it on cd its on slammin vinyll....
i'll have a listen a bit later to make sure 9busy getting a BIG file atm...

grad
10th April 2002, 09:19 AM
cheers Jaz, yep may well have been around 95, i took the sample from kinetics 2nd birthday tape...

originally i thought it was n.y.e '95 tape which is why i said 94/95...but it's deffo from around the time some techno was turning into happy hardcore...

Jaz, anyone, got any other good i'd's from around this time? like terapia and let me see ya move (remix) just love them bouncy feckers..

JAZ
10th April 2002, 06:33 PM
Yep as I thought its Bass Reaction - Technophobia (Power Mix) on Evolution/Twisted vinyl :)
Grad I have a Few cds of this 94-95 bangin hardcore/techno stuff (I think) so I could mp3 a load for u and send u a cd full if u likes?

BEN-JAMMIN'
11th April 2002, 09:19 AM
nice 1 to jaz and grad, i've been after them tunes for years.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wile e. coyote
23rd September 2004, 10:13 PM
This 'Bad Boy Come Again' sample.. if it's from 94 onwards, it could be on the 'Play my Game' EP by Paul Elstak, on Rotterdam Records. I've got it myself & first heard it on one of his first UK sets in November 94. Brisk etc caned this EP.

Cheers