Noel
18th November 2003, 01:19 PM
I should know this'un...

Noel
18th November 2003, 01:20 PM
????

Noel
18th November 2003, 01:25 PM
Right, I know Farley's 'Love Can't Turn Around' is his take on Isaac Hayes 'I Can't Turn Around' but this is somewhere in between...
It's played for about 11 mins & I imagine this may be Farley's effort b4 he got Daryl Pandy involved & changed the lyrics?

Noel
18th November 2003, 01:26 PM
Last'un....

wildpitch
18th November 2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Noel
This one has been sampled a fair bit... Bad Luck

Tooooone. I've got that somewhere. Harold Melvin I think.

wildpitch
18th November 2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Noel
I should know this'un... Love Music

O-Jays - I Love Music. Is this tape from Philladelphia?!

Mister_DJ
18th November 2003, 02:28 PM
First one is Harold Melvin (I think) - Bad Luck

'I Love Music' is the O'Jays

and the last one is... grrrr I flaming know this - sooo familiar - will have a think.

Mart
:rolleyes:

Konspiracy
18th November 2003, 02:29 PM
The I cant turn around track, JM Silk did a version, but Im pretty sure that was later than 83 and I cant check it at the mo..Top B side tho

The I love music toon, thats the OJays innit?

Mister_DJ
18th November 2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
Tooooone. I've got that somewhere. Harold Melvin I think.

Originally posted by wildpitch
O-Jays - I Love Music. Is this tape from Philladelphia?!

Lol - must be quicker next time...

Mart

Mister_DJ
18th November 2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Konspiracy
The I cant turn around track, JM Silk did a version, but Im pretty sure that was later than 83

Just checked my copy and it does sound very VERY similar to the House Mix - '83 is way to early tho for it to be the one surely - mines dated '86...

Mart

Mister_DJ
18th November 2003, 02:38 PM
'Sign that contract' is 'The Trammps' - same people who did disco inferno, I'm pretty damn sure of it - but its not called 'sign that contract'...grrr

*EDITED: Found it! - Its deffo 'The Trammps' and its called 'Body Contact Contract' - pitched well up by the sounds of it too...

Mart

Noel
18th November 2003, 05:00 PM
Thanx Chaps.:D

Froz, this set is from the Muzik Box in Chicago.

Great set this... no. 953 in the Deep House Pages Mix archive if anyone fancies a listen. contains the Frankie Knuckles 1981 mix of 'Let No Man Put Asunder' which is absolutley brilliant IMO.:D

Any ideas on Track07 anyone?

Noel
20th November 2003, 05:17 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Konspiracy
The I cant turn around track, JM Silk did a version, but Im pretty sure that was later than 83
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just checked my copy and it does sound very VERY similar to the House Mix - '83 is way to early tho for it to be the one surely - mines dated '86...

Mart

I've just had a listen & ur right it is v. similar! I reckon it could be an early version of JM Silk from b4 it was released. A lot of the artists back then in the us used to give copies of tunes to hardy & knuckles ages b4 they were finalised & released... eg. jamie principle 'your love' which was being played '83/'84 but didn't get a release until '87.

BTW i am much prefering JM Silk to Farley's 'Love Can't...' version.:cool:

doolz
20th November 2003, 06:48 PM
would love to here that unreleased tape only version of your love

anyone got it

hehe spose i better go see if my deep house page forum member id is still valid