PDA

View Full Version : mike stewart id

looby
17th November 2003, 06:48 PM
mellow piano tune with vocals: lovin you, is easy cos your beautiful etc off Carpenters or summat

last tune on a Mike Stewart tape, should be an easy one

thanks all:thumbsup:

pauly p
17th November 2003, 07:01 PM
Orb - Huge ever growing pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld (Orbital remix) Wau Mr Modo / Big life records 1990

:D

looby
17th November 2003, 07:23 PM
ahh:)
nice one mate:thumbsup:

Biskit
17th November 2003, 07:33 PM
Is this not where Mike Stewart mixes 'New Atlantic - I know' with the beginning of the 'Orb - Huge ever growing pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld (Orbital remix)'.

I think it is :)

pauly p
17th November 2003, 07:36 PM
Not sure about a piano in it though :confused:

here`s some snippets of what i was tinkin`

Biskit
17th November 2003, 07:37 PM
Its defo' a mix that Mike Does.. 'Orb over New Atlantic'

digthemusic
17th November 2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by pauly p
Not sure about a piano in it though :confused:

here`s some snippets of what i was tinkin`

Is this the full record pauly m8.:D :D

digthemusic

pauly p
17th November 2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by digthemusic
Is this the full record pauly m8.:D :D

digthemusic

Yep.
Bits of it aye ;)

DJFANTAZIA
17th November 2003, 09:05 PM
On Back In Time Volume 1 Mike Stewart uses the orb tune into Love Inc - Love is the message (Remix) and on Back In Time Volume 2 he uses it into New Atlantic - I Know (Flute mix), both times he mixes out before the tune kicks in, he uses the vocal at the beginning mixes then fades before orb kicks in

Dave

;)

Danny
17th November 2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by pauly p
Orb - Huge ever growing pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld (Orbital remix) Wau Mr Modo / Big life records 1990

:D

fell in love with this tune when i first heard it on your chilled tape paul :heart: althou i do prefer the other mix you played in that set (thinkin about this now, cud u have just brought in another tune at this point? i dunno) ..... you should deffo up that mix onto here, its absolutely awesome:phones:

Konspiracy
17th November 2003, 09:55 PM
Really sorry to hijack this a bit, is this the same Mike Stewart who used to run Beat St in Boooolton years ago?? Well I think he was called Mike Stewart:S :$

pauly p
17th November 2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Danny
fell in love with this tune when i first heard it on your chilled tape paul :heart: althou i do prefer the other mix you played in that set (thinkin about this now, cud u have just brought in another tune at this point? i dunno) ..... you should deffo up that mix onto here, its absolutely awesome:phones:

Too right mate, it needs an airing. Can someone host it for me:p

DJFANTAZIA
17th November 2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Konspiracy
Really sorry to hijack this a bit, is this the same Mike Stewart who used to run Beat St in Boooolton years ago?? Well I think he was called Mike Stewart:S :$

He never used to run it,.. just work there.

;)

Konspiracy
18th November 2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by DJFANTAZIA
He never used to run it,.. just work there.

;)

hmmm, are we talking about the same bloke, Mike as in Mike and Pru

DJFANTAZIA
18th November 2003, 12:33 AM
Mike Stewart (who did the Back In Time Tapes, is half of Sarasota Crowdpleasers, Authentic Individuals, etc) worked in a record store, didnt run it,.. he corrected me on this when i dj-ed with him a couple of years back.

Perhaps there is another Mike Stewart that ran a different Store. (The BIT one was from Newton Le Willows originally i think)

:cool:

Konspiracy
18th November 2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by DJFANTAZIA
Mike Stewart (who did the Back In Time Tapes, is half of Sarasota Crowdpleasers, Authentic Individuals, etc) worked in a record store, didnt run it,.. he corrected me on this when i dj-ed with him a couple of years back.

Perhaps there is another Mike Stewart that ran a different Store. (The BIT one was from Newton Le Willows originally i think)

:cool:

Excuse my ignorance of newer stuff but I havent the foggiest what Sarasota / Crowdpleasers go like at all and I didnt know Mike was involved in it. Mike and Pru used to run Beat St back in 91 when piano was king and Beat St was undoubtedly the friendliest shop in the NW. Pru used to save me loadsa stuff to pick up. Mikes a shortish fella, brown hair, i think he had a tasch at one stage:|

DJFANTAZIA
18th November 2003, 01:16 AM
From the description fella, it aint the same guy.

;)

Konspiracy
18th November 2003, 01:33 AM
aah, okay, ta for the info;)

looby
19th November 2003, 07:30 AM
yeah, i think yas are right, after listenin to that sample i now remember the pan pipesy off New Atlantic:drum:

f'kin top mix aswell it has to be said

nice one fellas:thumbsup: