PDA

View Full Version : 2 tunes i should know...(hac...)

dodgymix
12th November 2003, 09:32 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
1ST RECORD

OLD HACIENDA TUNE WITH THE "BODOW BA DOW" SOUND IN IT.

(male vocal) "move your waistline to the bassline" "move your waistline to the bassline" "move your waistline to the bassline"
(female vocal) "i need yaa" "i need yaa" "i need yaa" "to dance with me" "i need ya" "you keep coming around...i told you once boy..don't let me down...when i said goodbye there was tears..the time has come so listen to this"..."MISSION TO MISSION BE UNDERSTOOD...A GANGSTER TRIPPING AND I'LL DO NO GOOD"..."every....body" "every.....body" "every......body"

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2ND RECORD

BIG HACIENDA TUNE
(SAMPLES THE UNMISTAKEABLE SOUND OF PETRA & CO)

FEMALE VOCAL "OOH YEH YEH YEH"
MALE VOCAL "todd terry Show" "HOT MIX"
FEMALE VOCAL "ALL OVER THE WORLD"

brady
12th November 2003, 10:03 PM
the move your wasteline to the baseline vocal is from a 2 in a room track

not sure if this track just samples it or is a 2 in a room track

thats all i can add soz

pauly p
12th November 2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by dodgymix
1ST RECORD

OLD HACIENDA TUNE WITH THE "BODOW BA DOW" SOUND IN IT.

(male vocal) "move your waistline to the bassline" "move your waistline to the bassline" "move your waistline to the bassline"
(female vocal) "i need yaa" "i need yaa" "i need yaa" "to dance with me" "i need ya" "you keep coming around...i told you once boy..don't let me down...when i said goodbye there was tears..the time has come so listen to this"..."MISSION TO MISSION BE UNDERSTOOD...A GANGSTER TRIPPING AND I'LL DO NO GOOD"..."every....body" "every.....body" "every......body"

:

Is it SSR - To be house mixed with Extacy - Don`t play me raw?

dodgymix
12th November 2003, 11:20 PM
have you ever heard "retro anthems #1" released on boxed in about 94

the mix on this...i've just pulled out ssr "to be house" (on inside) to check and thats why i must have bought it originally

but this mix is spot on with....exstacy "don't play me raw"

i'm going to have to find myself a copy as it fits perfectly together.

if anyone has got the "boxed" doublepack (retro anthems#1)
can anyone name the missing tune

1 mental cube "q"
2 toxic 2 "rave generator"
3 joy salinas "i go slow (rockin romance)
4 ????????
5 felix "don't you want me"
6 cool jack "jus come"
7 jimi polo "betterdays" (only first 2 mins of sasha mix)
8 7th sense "hear the music" (similiar interceptor 17
"interceptor 17")

what the hell is the 4th track, its got no vocal but builds up with a da da type piano with a Mmm...Mmm....Mmmm sound
only bit of a vocal is "whey ha hey hey ha"
this is similiar to tc 1991 in some respect as it is well put together strings

lastnightadj
13th November 2003, 12:21 PM
No 1 = DÉJÀ VU - MOVE YOUR WAISTLINE - CITY SOUNDS TO THE BASSLINE -1991 MAYBE???

No2 = Im pretty sure this is off one of the Todd Terry Unreleased Projects

brady
13th November 2003, 05:13 PM
here is a snippet of the move youyr wasteline to the bassline track

hopefully this is the same track you are on about dodgymix

dodgymix
15th November 2003, 07:19 PM
YEH THATS THE ONE BRADYMAN...CHEERS

WHATS IT CALLED....

I COULDN'T FIND MY COPIES OF 2 IN A ROOM

CHUFFED I WAS LOOKING FOR THEM NOW AS I FOUND MYSTIC KNIGHTS "WRATH OF KHAN"..........TUNE!!!

brady
16th November 2003, 10:43 AM
ive had it iD as -= Deja Vu - Move Your Waistline

could somebody confirm the ID ??

wildpitch
16th November 2003, 11:38 AM
Thats deffo Deja Vu. It's not the Deja Vu that did stuff on Cowboy / Flying though. The copy I've got is on Rumour / City Sounds, it looks like it's licensed from Maxi so there must be imports kicking around I guess. I've also got a pretty good remix of this on the 4/92 DMC Underground Selection EP.

brady
16th November 2003, 09:54 PM
cheers wildpitch :thumbsup:

lastnightadj
17th November 2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by wildpitch
Thats deffo Deja Vu. It's not the Deja Vu that did stuff on Cowboy / Flying though. The copy I've got is on Rumour / City Sounds, it looks like it's licensed from Maxi so there must be imports kicking around I guess. I've also got a pretty good remix of this on the 4/92 DMC Underground Selection EP.

It was on Maxi originally - pink label