PDA

View Full Version : SLD - Gettin Out

Missed(A)Monday
23rd March 2002, 06:56 PM
Does anyone know where the vocal was sampled from and where I can get it? Any help appreciated.

Entropy92
23rd March 2002, 07:05 PM
ive heard its from a the rap tune....Ice T - Hunted Child.
Try audiogalaxy for it:D

Entropy92
23rd March 2002, 07:14 PM
Ignore me m8 that last post was completly wrong!Ice T was sampled in that Technoage-movin on tune.I always get them mixed up!:pixie::pixie:

sirius
23rd March 2002, 08:55 PM
Good question bud. I always wanted to know this!. One thing I can tell you is that the "when youre moving and youre grooving and really goin to party, all that shaking and the faking, move your body like you do.." (or whatever it says) is on the tail end of an accpella called Temperatures Rising (as in "Music's Hypnotising - everybodys Temperatures Rising").

I have this short acca (Temperature), but youre probably like me in wanting "Were getting out, getting ready for the best time in your life, ou out" etc which is not on it..................

Sirius.

Ps,

Are you reconstucting/resurecting it bud?....................I tried it once ages ago (not too successful).

butty
23rd March 2002, 08:58 PM
lol @ entropy - been on the bevvies have we bud :thumbsup:

i have the getting out acca its on accapellas anon vol 2 vinyl

except it aint much of it its just the main bit goin "were getting hot, getting ready for te best time in your life a ha"

gimee a email addy to send it 2 n il send it its only 330k

sirius
23rd March 2002, 09:04 PM
Yee-ha!. epichouse@hotmail.com :).

Cheers,

Sirius.

butty
23rd March 2002, 09:09 PM
in fact sirius n mista ive emailed the acca to the email addys u regged on the board with - im off out now on a bender so thought i best get it sorted soon in case u wanted a fiddle over weekend :thumbsup:

sirius
23rd March 2002, 09:19 PM
Ta Muchly.... Thats one of two addys I use, so its gonna be in one of them innit!! :).

Sirius.

butty
23rd March 2002, 09:22 PM
okies skippy mate ive sent it ya :thumbsup:

off out now 2 tonksis to get mangled - daddy ste h is there so i rekon we must wet the babies head in the only way we know

lets get wrote!!!!!!!

lol have a good un peeps :thumbsup:

nathan
23rd March 2002, 10:27 PM
vocal you're talking about it surprisingly from a very old disco track called 'do it to the music' by raw silk. the other vocals from sld sound like they're sung specifically for the track though I could be wrong

Jonno
23rd March 2002, 10:55 PM
SLD is 2 separate acapella's. The first bit "When you're moving" etc is off an acapella called "Do It To The Music". The "Getting hot, getting ready for the best time in your life" is off an acapella called "Getting hot". They're both off a dead early acapella compilation called Acapella Anonymous Vol #2 which was one of a series of 3 acapella compilations which were pretty much a basis for all the vocal samples in Italian records from 89-91. Don't know the artists, unfortunately.

Jonno
23rd March 2002, 10:57 PM
Didn't even read your post there Nathan you'd already identified "Do It To The Music".

Missed(A)Monday
24th March 2002, 11:44 AM
I am absolutely amazed at the helpfulness and knowledge on this board, thank you thank you thank you!!!

tell me if im being cheeky, butty has sent mr the chorus, but do you know where I can get the verse from as well?

bob_skipton
25th March 2002, 11:54 AM
Jus to put my tuppence worth in....the track Getting out.....which I believe is the name....

In the rap, does it say getting out or getting hot ????

Sorry I had an argument about this a while ago...

Cheers

Bob

Mr-Monday
25th March 2002, 04:35 PM
Go here:-

http://www.xdance.cjb.net/

And you can the get the Raw Silk and PKA accapellas

:)

spiely
28th March 2002, 09:11 PM
Thanx mr Monday for reminding me of one of my fav tunes. brings back many happy memories.

Do you know the name of the mix which gets played a bit now. its faster and i think its on one of Ben's mixes.

thanks

spiely......

Missed(A)Monday
29th March 2002, 11:30 AM
Thanks for that Mr Monday (u copycat!!!! heheheh) without this site I could never have made the music I am doing, thanks again

spiely
29th March 2002, 01:35 PM
Hi,
do u know the mix of that i am wanting of sld.

i'm not sure if its a remix or a sample.

cheersw.

spiely..............

GT man
29th March 2002, 02:52 PM
maybe speily m8 you is on about the mix rick jones plays at gt?
ifso that is a remix he did himself, i think it has samples from 'meet him @the love parade and whips
and am i right in tinkin it was sld -getting out
and through its life after remix and remix it became gettin hot?:confused:

butty
29th March 2002, 03:31 PM
the more upbeat 1 that rj plays @ gt is called sarasota - getting hot :thumbsup:

Missed(A)Monday
31st March 2002, 04:48 PM
i have just finished doing the sample of the acca for my version of this trak, and it is the most difficult sample i have EVER had to work with, the guy who made this originally must have been seriously skilled, no wonder know one else sampled this voc....jeez

VinylAnimal
31st March 2002, 07:59 PM
Can't speak for the detail that went into making the tune, but it is a fukkin classic. Proper song, goes right through ya :thumbsup:

Another bloody mighty quinn success init lol :rolleyes:

Justin Robertson must have fukked around with it at one point to create the "Justin Robertson's Most Excellent Mix" :$ Hahahaha, classic name for a mix !! There's nowt like bullin yerself up :roll: :roll:

Missed(A)Monday
31st March 2002, 09:13 PM
nice one, I hope i can post my interpration of this tune here soon, I have colored it in with various other classics from the time me playing all the instruments, drum progging, and a distinct 2002 feel, if youre int, let me knoe and ill post it, (guess what NO PIANO!!!!!!!!)

sirius
31st March 2002, 09:32 PM
What, no Piano!. Whys that then?..............

No, seriously, I hope it gets upped 'cos id be very intrested in hearing it bud. Do you know the piano keys btw?, I got some bare bones down a few years ago. I might resurect it myself one of these days - although it wont be a patch on yours me thinks :$

Cheers,

sirius.

Missed(A)Monday
31st March 2002, 09:37 PM
The reason for no Piano? ....well I am part of a music making forum and wheneve I have posted stuff with pianos in it I have been accused of being outdated, so I have kept the original structure of the tune, and put phasing and loads of bleeps in it, (not a lot of idiots have even heard of bleep tunes!!) so whilst smiling too myself I hope I have done the origiginal proud my friend....

sirius
31st March 2002, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I hear what u r saying about it (piano) being outdated. Still, your revamp sounds like a good idea and to fit in with todays listeners the way youve done it may just be the ticket bud.

How about a Piano mix 'OSA exclusive' in the future though.....:D only kiddin' (as u can tell, piano is my thang!).

When u finish it, if its ok with Butty, up it defo (You may wanna do the old "copyright in a sealed,date registered, jiffy bag" trick, I would if I was anywhere near good 'cos Im a paranoid little oik sometimes).

See ya,

Sirius.

When I finish my current remake of something, I too may up it here (in my case for people to laff at!). Just finished the arrangement in Reason and may have my *first* go at 'mixing' with EQ and what not soon.......wish me luck - its the first thing Ive even finished the arangement on in 2years!!!!!!!.

VinylAnimal
1st April 2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by sirius
Im a paranoid little oik sometimes

Lol, I've already got 2 examples of your work bootlegged mate ;)

Serious though, Flange sent me the "Far Out" and "Your Love" samples you did, cause he thought they were spot on. Gotta agree with him mate, they're fukkin excellent :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'll look forward to hearing some of both of yas work in the future !!! Unfortunatly I'm about as creative as Fred West was at building patios...:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

PS. Piano's not outdated :heart: :heart: Only last night some bloke was playing the very same instrument in the boozer :thumbsup:

sirius
1st April 2002, 07:09 PM
That bloke wasn't one half of Chas'n'Dave on a northern Tour was it m8. That 'rabbit-rabbit' choones a belter.....heheh.

Glad u liked the 2 tid bits I knocked up for Flange, Youre the 3rd audience member Ive ever had. That Chameleon-'Way It Is' is still FAR,FAR,FAR to silly for comprehension. That bruce hornsby guy was either totally insane when he put his hands on the piano - or he was a fekkin genius - the chord combo's just bend your head (and your hands!).

Oh yeah, next time Im down Yates's and I hear a new mix of YourLove and Far out which sounds suspiciously familiar - I'll know where to come....:D heheh.

Cheers,

Sirius.

dannster
2nd April 2002, 04:26 PM
Sarasota - getting hot - what a top tune it went down a treat last GT

has anyone got an mp3 of this they dont mind sharing?

classic