PDA

View Full Version : Nipper classic

italian style
22nd March 2002, 03:29 PM
id needed its an old nipper classic

female vocal
'move your body ,,take take it up move your body take it up,'
'get off the wall'(male vocal)
also features the vocal of a male saying ' look out for my father' then goes back on to singing 'move your body etc.'

any help appreciated
thanks
adam
:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

oldskooldazed (al)
22nd March 2002, 03:36 PM
ME THINK IT IS

SYSTEM - DONT STOP

OR ITS SYNTHESIS - HAS IT VOCAL PART Y TIME IS ANYTIME ASWELL GRRR - ITS ONE OF THOSE KIDDA

ALAN

italian style
22nd March 2002, 03:47 PM
don't think its system - don't stop as my mates got that and im sure id reconise it if was that tune, but it could be as i haven't been to his house for a while. but the male vocals are rapping.
thanks adam:
:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Jonno
22nd March 2002, 04:06 PM
This is Selector - Move Your Body

italian style
22nd March 2002, 04:12 PM
no its not selecter - move your body either, i thought it was though but when i bought it it wasn't although its very similar it doesn't feature the lyrics ' get off the wall'
thanks anyway
adam

oldskooldazed (al)
22nd March 2002, 04:15 PM
lololol thats the bugger i was just searchin through me piano lists then- i new was one of them lot - jonno got some top new sasha tunage

try get

matto grosso - neverland - 6 mixes all classics mind u bet u ave it
radical rhythm stuff aswell

Jonno
22nd March 2002, 04:20 PM
The version of Selector I've got deffo has a bloke saying "Get Off The Wall". It's the original Discomagic Italian release with 3 mixes on.

Al - I've not got matto grosso wouln't mind a listen to that.

Jonno
22nd March 2002, 04:47 PM
I am of course talking out of my arse. The song you're after is Fifty Hertz - Get Up also released on Discomagic not Selector at all.

whatyadoinsucka
22nd March 2002, 05:35 PM
as me and va stated the other month

50 hertz
selector 'move your body'
system 'don't stop'

are essentially the same tune

also NOTE 50 hertz and selector are pressed up on the same vinyl (on one discomagic release)
a track a side

Jonno
22nd March 2002, 07:56 PM
They are all suspiciously similar. I always thought they were daft to re-release them both on the same record.

The original release of Fifty Hertz - Get Up with 3 mixes on is suprisingly expensive. There was a copy for sale for £50 I saw the other day.

VinylAnimal
22nd March 2002, 09:43 PM
Lol, I was quite pleased when they put Fifty Hertz and Selector on reverse sides of the Discomagic release !!!

I love both tunes but by the time this release came around I was seriously sick of hearing one mixed with the other....

At least by making peeps buy two copies it went some way to preventing another generation of DJ's mixing the two :phones: :phones:

They were all originally on OUT Records:

OUT 3402 (System)
OUT 3403 (Selector)
OUT 3406 (Fifty Hertz)

Judging by the cat numbers I'd hazard a guess they were all knocked together over a pint one lunchtime (probably at that boozer on the corner of "Via Macenate", lololol) :D :D Still top tunes though :thumbsup:

Jonno mate I managed to get the OUT release of Fifty Hertz, for just over a fiver (I also noticed a copy of the OUT release of Selector on GEMM for less than a fiver whilst I was looking).

I reckon the uncertanty sweeping the world markets over the value of this one is down to DJ Fantasia !!!!! I reckon he's doing a spot of that "insider dealing" I keep reading about in the papers ;) ;)

Lol, J/K mate :thumbsup:

Heheheh, saying that if ya suddenly convert yer prices to Japanese Yen or invest heavily in the oil markets then I'm gonna buy loads of copies of Fifty Hertz just to be sure, lol...

:band:

whatyadoinsucka
22nd March 2002, 09:56 PM
who do you think own the rights to
'going' global records
ie. mory kante 'yeke yeke'

me and my brother

we've had so many copies lately its a joke
between us we've had
10-15 copies in the past year (if not more)

and prices are manipulated to fuck on ebay
we'll bid the price up on a record (not our own mind you)
then using another id email the second highest bidder and offer the same record for a few quid less

(after playing the LSE for a few years and losing shed loads a money)
even with a satelite linked trading system, with real time prices

I've realised its so much easier to buy and sell records
plus I enjoy it....................................
and the profits their to be made!

italian style
23rd March 2002, 02:34 PM
nice one guys, positive replys there
thanks
adam

DJ Qual-e-T
2nd April 2002, 03:19 PM
Try checking out my website:

http://www.djqualet.co.uk

look under the tunes for one called Old Skool Tribute.
Have a listen and you will hear all three of the tunes mentioned before mixed together.
50Htz Get Up © Wilko/Di Pasquale
Selector Move your body © Wilko
System Don’t Stop © 1993 Corbelli

Still available on orgininal labels (if you look hard enough) and also on Disco Magic.
Were also on a Disco Magic Box Set of CD's entitled 'Best of Italian House'

italian style
2nd April 2002, 03:45 PM
nice one
il give it a try i thought every one had finished looking at this thread and this is the most positive reply yet
chears mate
adam