View Full Version : "I got the Mu - mu - muuuuu siiiiic"

thundercat
23rd January 2002, 12:27 PM
Just listening to the Steve Huxley GT Mix from 27th Oct, near the end there's a really nice piano style thing with a girl sample going "I got the mu - mu - muuuusiiiiic".

What's this ?

thanks

TC

ste huxley
23rd January 2002, 12:33 PM
Glad you like my mix mate!
:cool:

The tune your after is

Seventh Sense
Got the music
Remix

This is the released version on Rumour records. The original mix was a white label but this remix is better imo cos it has that funky breakbeat in it.

thundercat
23rd January 2002, 12:35 PM
It IS a classic mix, I'm definetly buying it.

Thanks for that :D

VinylAnimal
23rd January 2002, 12:36 PM
Bloody hell Ste mate that was quick !!!! Nice one fella :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to the ID forum thundercat mate....

thundercat
23rd January 2002, 12:37 PM
Nice one VA, this is like the best site I've seen on the net in years. Like an old skool surgery. Nice!.

TC

nathan
23rd January 2002, 12:46 PM
surely not as good as the himalayan dub mix

ste huxley
23rd January 2002, 12:50 PM
Hmmmm, I prefer the A side but yeah I like that mix too, while we're on the subject I like the

Jazz Crusade mix also!!

In fact it's one sexy bit of vinyl altogether!

Originally posted by nathan
surely not as good as the himalayan dub mix

Jimmy
23rd January 2002, 02:44 PM
always wondered what who did that track I seem to have the white label somewhere.

VinylAnimal
23rd January 2002, 03:35 PM
I got the promo too Jimmy, only on mine some kind person was good enough the stamp the artist and title on there !!!!

Payed a quid for it years ago (which isn't bad considering I bought it off a scot on central car park, heheheh).

J/K all scots, I don't think you're tight (I'm half scot myself). The same geeza also sold me "Get Dynamite" for a five spot, when it was going for five times that.

Top man !!!!

Jimmy
23rd January 2002, 04:11 PM
the version I have says the srtist is called system or summat it starts with a nice stringy intro then i think someone says "feels magic" or something.

I got mine from Steve Luigi when he had the listening booth in the Corn Exchange, Leeds for £3 second hand back in 1993.

VinylAnimal
23rd January 2002, 08:53 PM
Lol, I spent what amounts to about a year or so of my life stood in that record shop Jimmy mate !!!!

Steve Luigi = top tune spotter

Jimmy
24th January 2002, 09:04 AM
yeah he was a nice bloke, always spend time listening to what you had to say n stuff. Bought 99% of my small collection from him.

must say my best buy was tortuga for 50p !