PDA

View Full Version : FAO Barrie Jay

Biskit
11th August 2003, 06:18 PM
Barrie, that infamous tape I keep goin on about from 1991/92, had a tune on it that i still haven't picked up, It's the only one on that tape that i havent a clue about!! At a guess, and i mean guess, i would say its American?? Style wise,a mix of (from wot I can remember) piano garage/house. Has a female singer goin on about a 'Fanfare or Fair', and may have a small male rap within the tune!!

Any ideas Barrie!! :D

Tunes that were on ur tape... The Project - Get it right / Logo - One for the drummer / TBA - I want you / Drum Club - You make me feel??

DJ barrie jay
11th August 2003, 09:16 PM
I am the world`s worst at playing spot the tune (honest).

I have no idea what you are on about and probably haven`t even got a copy of the tape- from the club but no MC on did you say? (helps date it) can you pm alan (zoneraver) with a clip of it, if not mate unless I can hear it I wont be able to help.No mp3 as I do not use it.

The only dj in the world that can`t remember tunes (I have my reasons).

Biskit
11th August 2003, 09:32 PM
lol - Cant get you a rip of it m8, as it was on the tape I had nicked!! :@ And its the only tune, if I remember rightly that I dont know owt about it.

All I can tell you it was..

Barrie Jay - Zone at Jenks Bar 92 - No MC

Other tunes on the tape were Q-Tex - Natural High / House Hallucinates - Prisoners of Extacy / Soundsource - Take me Up.

Feck cant remember anymore!! lol :D

Cheerz Barrie Anyway!!! :thumbsup:

Biskit
11th August 2003, 09:51 PM
Also Barrie, what was the tune, (if you know it) that Matt Bell used to mix in wiv Liberation 2 - Liberation 2 that sounded very similar to Liberation 2, i think it had a womans voice in it???

Gotta keep ya on ya toes ;)

DJ barrie jay
12th August 2003, 02:50 AM
No I need a far bigger clue than that one that sounds like liberation 2 with a womans voice in it, trust me.

A woman`s voice?? - that narrows it down a lot. lol

You are now finding out how bad I am at playing spot the tune - many of them may have only been played once or twice and just happened to be captured on tape , but there was so many being released at that time.

I remember receiving almost 150 italian tunes in Melody once. I did them in in two hours .There was a lot of rubbish to sift through as well.

Shed head now.

Biskit
12th August 2003, 01:58 PM
I'll up a snippet of the Lib 2 kinda tune tonight m8 :thumbsup:

DJ barrie jay
12th August 2003, 11:04 PM
BTW

somebody surely has got a copy of that tape 4 ya.

Biskit
12th August 2003, 11:36 PM
Here's the tune that Matt mixes Lib 2 into.....

Click me n listen!! (http://www.splattdesigns.co.uk/biskit/Unk.MP3) :p

Biskit
17th August 2003, 11:45 PM
Mikey do you know this tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

DJ barrie jay
2nd September 2003, 11:42 PM
Its British and I have got it.

No idea what the feck it is though,.

Told you I was crap.