PDA

View Full Version : Nicole - Rock the House

MONO
11th July 2003, 09:31 AM
Hi there,

I'm after a copy of the above, only thing is there is loads of them on Gemm and I dont know the mix I'm after.

I have just received React 12 which I think is shite and is scratched to boot!

The one I'm after is quite funky and has just a bassline playing with bongos in the back ground.

Lyrics at the start go:

Put your hands, a put your hands,
A p, a put your hands,
A put your hands together,,

Can anyone help?
Much Appreciated.

Shooms
11th July 2003, 09:37 AM
you got a sample to upload here fella ?

Thing is the pella was really really popular to layer over other tunes so it could be anything..... lol

Mike
11th July 2003, 09:37 AM
The one you've bought is The Source feat. Nicole - Rock the House by the sound of it, which came out later than the original 1989 version which it sounds like you're after, unfortunately I aint got a copy so I can't tell you which label it's on but I'm sure someone else on here will put you right :)

Mike
11th July 2003, 09:40 AM
Here ya go matey here's a clip of the original

Shooms
11th July 2003, 09:45 AM
The original version is also on the Robin wants revenge (or Robin's revenge) bootie thingy on Record Review :thumbsup:

Biskit
11th July 2003, 09:45 AM
I think ur after the U.S Oceania Original release!!

Biskit
11th July 2003, 09:52 AM
Here ya go, if its the Oceania copy ur after, its here!! but its in the U.S...

clicketh me!! (http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?sid=363089581&key=74011&referred_by=OLDSKOOLANTHEMZ&a_refno=GML757396334) :thumbsup:

Danny
11th July 2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by MONO

The one I'm after is quite funky and has just a bassline playing with bongos in the back ground.

Lyrics at the start go:

Put your hands, a put your hands,
A p, a put your hands,
A put your hands together,,

isnt this the hurleys house of trix mix (or watever its called).......its the second tune on the flip of eren's bootleg mix of 'you got the love'

its got a green clover and not a red one........and its a double pack, the other record had shades of rhythm mixes etc of 'rock the house'

grad
11th July 2003, 11:52 AM
i thought that danny, but without a sample it's hard to tell.

although mikes upped the 'original' which to me sounds like the hurley mix :axe:

Biskit
11th July 2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by grad
mikes upped the 'original' which to me sounds like the hurley mix :axe:

Yeh Grad, thats the Hurley Remix!!

ste huxley
11th July 2003, 12:00 PM
The Hurley mix is the orig mix
Its the same mix on both the orig import and the UK release

Altho you get diff mixes on both releases as well

grad
11th July 2003, 12:08 PM
so a remix is the original :axe:

what about the mixes on the atlantic release '89..

club mix
radio edit
house dub
& accapella mix.

these came after the remix then? or are they the same under another name..

ste huxley
11th July 2003, 12:18 PM
The Oceanic release came 1st, then the React UK release

The club mix from the Oceanic is the same as the hurley house of tricks mix on the react

But there are other mixes on the Oceanic 1 and the React 1

MONO
11th July 2003, 12:26 PM
The clip that Mike has uploaded is the one I'm after!

So, is that one the original or the hurley remix?

I took a flyer the other day and ordered a four track version on Epic from the states which supposedly has the original on

ste huxley
11th July 2003, 12:28 PM
>>So, is that one the original or the hurley remix?

They are the same m8

grad
11th July 2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by ste huxley
The club mix from the Oceanic is the same as the hurley house of tricks mix on the react

thanks for explaining ste :thumbsup:

MONO
11th July 2003, 12:48 PM
Great Stuff. Nice one Lads I'll get this ordered as well.
Cheers

Mike
11th July 2003, 01:04 PM
although mikes upped the 'original' which to me sounds like the hurley mix :axe:

:$ :$ :$ Sorry for any confusion - glad you found the one you wanted matey!!!

Danny
11th July 2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ste huxley

blimey, i never realised........i'm off to have a look now.

Danny
11th July 2003, 01:16 PM
good spottin ste:) the house dub on the other side is a bit tasty as well.........cant believe i never noticed:$ probs because its the sweet acca that you always go for:p :)

Mister_DJ
11th July 2003, 05:55 PM
thanks for explaining ste :thumbsup:

I'm all mixed up now...I've got the Hurley Mix on React, plus I've got an American release of Rock The House that I think is the one grad is on about. Its on Epic and dated 1988 and the tracks are:

Club Mix
Radio Edit
House Dub
Percapella Mix

But the 'Club Mix' is way different to the Hurley Mix and in fact is credited to Clivilles & Cole...! I'm confused...I hought this one was the original release and the one with the Hurley mix on came after?

Mart
:rolleyes:

Devious
12th July 2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by mart
I'm all mixed up now...I've got the Hurley Mix on React, plus I've got an American release of Rock The House that I think is the one grad is on about. Its on Epic and dated 1988 and the tracks are:

Club Mix
Radio Edit
House Dub
Percapella Mix

But the 'Club Mix' is way different to the Hurley Mix and in fact is credited to Clivilles & Cole...! I'm confused...I hought this one was the original release and the one with the Hurley mix on came after?

Mart

I'm confused also , I have the 1st release Oceana version which is produced by Lou Pace and remixed by C & C , hurley not mentioned anywhere.

ste huxley
12th July 2003, 10:14 PM
I dont know who its credited to on both the import and the UK release but they are the same tune

Unless I have gone mad:crazy:

Biskit
12th July 2003, 10:27 PM
lol - put it this way, as long as u've got the mix that Mike ripped n upped to this thread and u've got the pella wiv the bongo's n Nicole vocal, then u've no need to worry!! :p

Mister_DJ
13th July 2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Biskit
lol - put it this way, as long as u've got the mix that Mike ripped n upped to this thread and u've got the pella wiv the bongo's n Nicole vocal, then u've no need to worry!! :p

:D :D :D

Mart

tanotunes@yahoo.com
23rd November 2008, 11:25 PM
The Club Mix is actually by Steve "Silk" Hurley. It was miscredited by Oceana records as a Clivilles & Cole mix. If you listen to Steve's mix of Roberta Flack's Uh-Uh Ooh-Ooh Look Out (Here It Comes), you hear the similarities.