PDA

View Full Version : Please Somebody Must Know......

Pidge
8th July 2003, 08:55 PM
I am after a track am positive it was called CHILDREN or at least had CHILDREN in the title.

It was by a female vocalist aroudn 1995.

Sorta went......................

"HEY YEAH HEY YEAH HEY YEAH I HEAR THE CHILDREN CRY AND I KEEP SCREMIN WHY WHY WHY WHY"

OR SUMMAT LIKE THAT...............

I HAD IT ON VINYL WHEN I DJ'D IT WAS ON IF I REMEMBER AND EP TITLES SUMMAT LIKE THE SOUND OF MANCHETSER, ALSO HAD AN E-LUSTRIOUS TRACK ON IT TOO. (damn caps lock!)

In fact think it may have had a COTTON CLUB track on it too. It was a great EP

Please someone must know what it is and maybe even have it.

If you do, any chance of ripping to MP3 for me pleassssssssssse!

thanx hopingly and eternal luving

Pidge

Biskit
8th July 2003, 08:58 PM
Janice Robinson - Children

Biskit
8th July 2003, 09:00 PM
Dunno where my copy is, but its the double pack promo you want and I think its the 'Explorer mix'

Pidge
8th July 2003, 09:00 PM
ahhhhhhh Biskit u bad mutha u

wanna kiss u but aint that way!!!

It is indeedy

Do you have it by any chance that u could rip?

Biskit
8th July 2003, 09:02 PM
The original vinyl is here...

Click me (http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?sid=363052824&key=74518&referred_by=OLDSKOOLANTHEMZ&a_refno=GML570230971) :D

I cud rip it 4 you, but Ive gotta find it 1st, give us a day or so!! lol :thumbsup:

Pidge
8th July 2003, 09:04 PM
AM THANKING U PLEASE VERY MUCH SO SIR!!

YEAH M8Y IF U DONT MIND RIPPIN IT

oldskooldazed (al)
8th July 2003, 09:05 PM
janice robinson - children

cotton clubs fantastic mix i got ere

shout me on soulseek

oldskooldaze92

al

:D :D :D :D :D

pianoman
8th July 2003, 09:21 PM
cant I just shout at u on msn al geezer!!??

Biskit
8th July 2003, 09:44 PM
It'll be the 'Explorer remix' Pidge wants, that was the main mix nailed around the North west!!

Pidge
8th July 2003, 09:56 PM
have a feeling it may be the cotton club mix

but i will have any

Biskit
8th July 2003, 10:00 PM
Does it start off wiv an organ sound wiv her goin 'Ohhh' etc. then bangs into a piano wiv her goin .. hey yeh hey yeh hey yeh, i hear the children cry....!

Pidge
9th July 2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Biskit
Does it start off wiv an organ sound wiv her goin 'Ohhh' etc. then bangs into a piano wiv her goin .. hey yeh hey yeh hey yeh, i hear the children cry....!

Yeah m8y it certainly does

Al i have added that user to my Soulseeker and it bringsup nothing

lionel_vinyl
9th July 2003, 08:52 AM
It's the 'sounds of the city EP' - very nice 4 tracker

I did the rip of the mix Oldskooldazed (al) mentioned...cotton clubs fantastic mix.
A
1) Cotton Club - Outrage (E-Lustrious Mix)
2) E-Lustrious - You Give Me No Rest (Explorer Mix)

AA
1) Janice Robinson - Children (cotton clubs fantastic mix)
2) Sounds Of The City EP - Massive Mix........a mash-up of 2 fatt guitars, Richie Haven, Soft House Co. etc.

This mix of Janice Robinson was played at Life/Bowlers, etc.
PM me if interested.
:D

Biskit
9th July 2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by lionel_vinyl
I did the rip of the mix Oldskooldazed (al) mentioned...cotton clubs fantastic mix.
It's on the sounds of the city EP - very nice 4 tracker

A
1) Cotton Club - Outrage (E-Lustrious Mix)
2) E-Lustrious - You Give Me No Rest (Explorer Mix)

AA
1) Janice Robinson - Children (cotton clubs fantastic mix)
2) Sounds Of The City EP - Massive Mix........a mash-up of 2 fatt guitars, Richie Haven, Soft House Co. etc.

This mix of Janice Robinson was played at Life/Bowlers, etc.
PM me if interested.
:D

This vinyl is therefore labeled up wrong, it should be...

Cotton Club - Outrage (Cotton Clubs Fantastic mix)
Janice Robinson - Children (Explorer Mix)
E-Lustrious - You Give Me No Rest (E-lustrious Mix)

This happenz now and then, shitty bootleggers cant get a damn thing right!! lol :D The mix I have descibed to Pidge is The Explorer Mix. Ive have both double pack promo's, wiv all the mixes and not one is labelled up 'Cotton Clubs Fantastic Mix'. Come to think of it, if you step back n look at the labelling, its plainly obvious its labelled wrong!!

Danny
9th July 2003, 10:16 AM
This vinyl is therefore labeled up wrong, it should be...

Cotton Club - Outrage (Cotton Clubs Fantastic mix)
Janice Robinson - Children (Explorer Mix)
E-Lustrious - You Give Me No Rest (E-lustrious Mix)

This happenz now and then, shitty bootleggers cant get a damn thing right!! lol :D The mix I have descibed to Pidge is The Explorer Mix. Ive have both double pack promo's, wiv all the mixes and not one is labelled up 'Cotton Clubs Fantastic Mix'. Come to think of it, if you step back n look at the labelling, its plainly obvious its labelled wrong!!

i have seen two copies of this about if anyones interested in me picking it up for em.......seem to recall em both being 5.99

cheers:)

ps. i agree its a nice record......i'm not too sure on the 'you give no rest' mix by ellustrious thou......its a tad dull. the other two tunes are spot on thou:phones:

lionel_vinyl
9th July 2003, 10:24 AM
your spot on with the tracks being labelled up wrong Chris...if i remember right though this wasn't a booty, just a promo for an LP/Clubnights in Manchester

Why do they print a tracklist - when its all tits up?
beats me lol

Biskit
9th July 2003, 10:31 AM
your spot on with the tracks being labelled up wrong Chris...if i remember right though this wasn't a booty, just a promo for an LP/Clubnights in Manchester

beats me lol

I was gonna say was it a Manc E.P, coz there all Manc groups... Direkt / E-lustrious / Cotton Club. Janice Robinson isnt, but that mix is a Manc Mix!! Hmmm, I wonder if E/Bloc or Hibrid r behind it, ahh well we'll never know!! :thumbsup:

Danny
9th July 2003, 10:44 AM
I was gonna say was it a Manc E.P, coz there all Manc groups... Direkt / E-lustrious / Cotton Club. Janice Robinson isnt, but that mix is a Manc Mix!! Hmmm, I wonder if E/Bloc or Hibrid r behind it, ahh well we'll never know!! :thumbsup:

you will know mate........

coz if u read the back of the sleeve on the standard release, it says both their names in the credits:) spot on with yer logic bud:)

it also says 'sounds of manchester ep' on the front

grad
9th July 2003, 11:40 AM

beats me lol

i've got the LP that this EP is a sampler for, 3 vinyls full of manc goodness...and even the vinyl in the triple pack is labelled up wrong..

grad
9th July 2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Danny
you will know mate........

coz if u read the back of the sleeve on the standard release, it says both their names in the credits:) spot on with yer logic bud:)

it also says 'sounds of manchester ep' on the front

i'm sure it also says the mixes on the ep are exclusive and not on any other records.

obviously crap if one of them appears on the children double pack.

can i just add this is an excellent tune, that build up at the start..instead of dropping when you expect it..it just keeps going. love it.

Pidge
9th July 2003, 11:43 AM
Ya know what u are all fookin stars n I luv yaz all!

So any chance of anyone sorting me this cotton club mix???

In fact also , any other cotton club stuff also, either their mixes or own tracks.

I am begging!!

the only mix i cannot find is the bloody COTTON CLUB mix!!

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I love this tune and it used to bring a tear to my eye.

I will luv u long long time 1 dollar thanking u please!

Biskit
9th July 2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by grad
i'm sure it also says the mixes on the ep are exclusive and not on any other records.

obviously crap if one of them appears on the children double pack.

lol :D It was still exclusive, coz the 'Explorer' mix never got a full release, if I remember rightly, it was only on the Promo (Only 4 D.J's lol :D), Therefore meaning it wasn't exclusive to the public, if you catch mi drift?

Danny
9th July 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Pidge

In fact also , any other cotton club stuff also, either their mixes or own tracks.

I am begging!!

the only mix i cannot find is the bloody COTTON CLUB mix!!

so do you want this on vinyl mate? coz i know where one is and cud pick a copy it up for you, then get it sent to yer.......

Biskit
9th July 2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Pidge

lol Pidge have you not read the thread, its not the Cotton Club Mix, its the Explorer mix, I'll get it ripped for ya for tonight!!

oldskooldazed (al)
9th July 2003, 11:50 AM
got it here ripped

on soulseek as

Oldskooldaze92

:D :D :D

Pidge
9th July 2003, 11:53 AM
Sorry gents am soo excited about getting this have nerly sopiled my pants and aint thinkin straight.

Biskit, cheers matey, will catch u on MSN later then.

Al, i added u to my SS id's and nothing came up.

Will try again tonight.

ONCE AGAIN , LUV U ALL LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!

Danny, thanx m8y but its only the MP3 am after, am an ex DJ that is just missing the odd classic in his MP3 collection of what i used to have on vinyl. This is one of the remaining few.

grad
9th July 2003, 06:29 PM
mmm gets more interesting..

got home and checked the album (now grown into 4 vinyls:D ) and i thought children appeared on it twice and it does, i've got;

children (explorer mix)

& children (the cotton club mix)

:axe: well they can't both be the explorer mix..

roughly my cotton club mix starts with strings, long build up, wailing and then drum beat.

the explorer mix on here starts with a beat for a while, then some umms and aaahs before she starts a wailing..

so biskit how does the explorer mix on your promo start? and if it's the strings/wail/beat one what's the other one i've mentioned..will do rips if it helps..

Biskit
9th July 2003, 07:33 PM
Grad lets hear a rip of this Cotton Club Mix. It's defo' the Explorer mix though, that Pidge wants. IMO all the other mixes are shite!! Especially the JTV mixes!!

Pidge
9th July 2003, 10:23 PM
I now have the COTTON CLUB mix (or what is thought to be it) and it is the one i wanted.

But i remember the vinyl EP i had and he labels were on the wrong sides?

Pidge
9th July 2003, 10:26 PM
OH YEAH, THANKS FOR IT AL

MUCH APPRECIATED

grad
9th July 2003, 10:37 PM
apologies for the quality of these samples, done without speakers..

anyways for reference we have;

track labelled as cotton club mix (http://www.grad.dsl.pipex.com/cotton club mix.mp3) < the one with the top intro
&
track labelled as explorer mix (http://www.grad.dsl.pipex.com/explorer mix.mp3)

(just drag & drop into winamp if you want them to stream)

Biskit
9th July 2003, 10:51 PM
Never heard the 'Cotton Club Mix', not all that keen on it either!! The 'Explorer mix' is the correct mix youve put up Grad, and IMO totally wipes the floor of the 'Cotton Club mix'.