From the same mix from Manhatten Heights, Blackburn 15.8.91

Cheers.
Lee.

wildpitch
23rd June 2003, 06:01 AM
Nu Luv - Is This A Dream

nowthen
23rd June 2003, 04:00 PM
Cheers fella. Could tell it had sampled dream freq or vice versa.

nowthen
23rd June 2003, 04:22 PM
Just found out it's actully The Disco Brothers Feat Nu Love _ Is This A Dream.

Not that I'm splittin hairs or owt;)

brady
17th September 2003, 09:21 PM
this version wasnt on the 12" i had of Nu Luv

is it a different mix of something ?

ive since been told its - Sure is Pure - Is this a dream?

can anybody confirm:axe:

Shooms
17th September 2003, 10:18 PM
Deffo 100% confirmed as Disco Bros feat Nu Luv coz I have it ;) As to which mix I dunno coz I cant find it lol :axe:

pauly p
17th September 2003, 11:58 PM
I have another spare if interested ;)

Pauly P

Jonno
18th September 2003, 08:20 PM
Isn't this the Sure Is Pure mix? It's not on the promo which was Disco Brothers present Nu Luv - with Nu Luv being in much bigger letters so like Wildpitch I'd always assumed were the band name an all.

lol - I went to this night an all. It was where I found out off Sasha what Chicago Trip were called. My mate Henry used to run the night with a crazy hunchback ex getaway driving jock called Willy (who incidentally is the voice at the start of Hardcore Uproar going "Yeah" during the crowd noise. cause he were on the stage/top of the offices when it was recorded at the Nelson party).

Shooms
18th September 2003, 08:26 PM
Jonno - did I eva get round to rippin that set for ya ??

Nice postage of the flyer :D Printin that to go round the cassette :)

digthemusic
18th September 2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Jonno

lol - I went to this night an all. It was where I found out off Sasha what Chicago Trip were called. My mate Henry used to run the night with a crazy hunchback ex getaway driving jock called Willy (who incidentally is the voice at the start of Hardcore Uproar going "Yeah" during the crowd noise. cause he were on the stage/top of the offices when it was recorded at the Nelson party).

Is that the party at lomeshyre(i think thats how it`s spelt) industrial estate.Gotta say that the most people i`ve ever seen at rave before.Lol stood outside for ages trying to blag me way in until they finally cracked and let us in for nowt lol feck payin.:p

digthemusic

Jonno
18th September 2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Shoomster
Jonno - did I eva get round to rippin that set for ya ??

Nice postage of the flyer :D Printin that to go round the cassette :) Yeah I got that set off ya :thumbsup: although I seem to recall it doesn't have PJb Hannah & Her Sisters - Bridge Over Troubled Waters on does it? Because he definitely played it that night - it was the other tune as well as Alpha DY that I got him to write down.

As for the flyer - the front is bizarre. It's just Green Bins. If you look, in small writing in the corner it says DTR which is Dave the Rave a lad from Blackpool who used to do all the artwork for the flyers - he used to do the Revenge one's an all I believe. I've absolutely no idea why Henry got him to do this one for a flyer which included Sasha an all - I think he just came to him with the artwork.

Biskit
18th September 2003, 09:08 PM
Isn't this the Sure Is Pure mix? It's not on the promo which was Disco Brothers present Nu Luv - with Nu Luv being in much bigger letters so like Wildpitch I'd always assumed were the band name an all.

Feckin 'ell Jonno, u've got some flyers you, I'll av to av a look next time im at urs!! lol :D Used to av a load of Green Bins tapes, whateva happened to him?

Jonno
18th September 2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by digthemusic
Is that the party at lomeshyre(i think thats how it`s spelt) industrial estate.Gotta say that the most people i`ve ever seen at rave before.Lol stood outside for ages trying to blag me way in until they finally cracked and let us in for nowt lol feck payin.:p

digthemusic I don't know what the industrial estate is called - it's the one literally just off the M65 at the Nelson turn off.

You're right about how many people were there - I still reckon that was the biggest illegal warehouse party in this country ever. In NME the following week they said 12,000 people.

I've proberly told this story more than once on here but we were one of the one's to get in first before there was any equipment in or owt. We were being followed round by a cop car from warehouse to warehouse. When we got to the right one we went round the back to the ofices were a load of plod arrived in riot gear. Suddenly the blokes inside smashed the windows of the offices and started to knock the f*ck out of the coppers from inside (how gam is that?). So the coppers turned their attention to us and chased us round the side of the Warehouse. When we got to the front the shutters flew up and them inside shouted "everybody in". So I got in for free an all :thumbsup:

Were you still there when they raided it DigTheMusic?

digthemusic
18th September 2003, 09:35 PM
Were you still there when they raided it DigTheMusic?

Lol i`m glad to say i was`nt.I remember the record playing when i got in there was strawberryfields by candy flip.The numbers i heard were 10.000 plus in the one off the M65.;)

digthemusic

SteShaw(Swish)
18th September 2003, 09:35 PM
i think that tune may be a oceana mix of nu love , total diff record all together , i actually cant check record at moment either but sounds family , handbaggy house type
i defo know for a fact it isnt off the original disco bros feat nu love , cos the is this a dream is a more upbeat piano and b side is a quality track called do it -

Jonno
18th September 2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by digthemusic
Lol i`m glad to say i was`nt.I remember the record playing when i got in there was strawberryfields by candy flip.The numbers i heard were 10.000 plus in the one off the M65.;)

digthemusic lol - Strawberry Fields was played to death that night!

Biskit
18th September 2003, 10:28 PM
Isn't this the Sure Is Pure mix?

It may well be, It's not the mixes on the original GEM w/label and its not the mixes on the GEM commercial release, which has two mixes of 'Is this a Dream' one being the one on the w/label.

david@sharlo.freeserve.co
18th September 2003, 11:00 PM
kin 'ell thats a blast from the past!!Remember him from Eureka and going to some club in Southport where he was playing,what was that called??

Jonno
18th September 2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by db909
kin 'ell thats a blast from the past!!Remember him from Eureka and going to some club in Southport where he was playing,what was that called?? Manhatten Heights as well I think - only went there once. Tall Paul will be able to confirm - he was a bit of a regular.

david@sharlo.freeserve.co
18th September 2003, 11:18 PM
loads of dodgy scousers in there I remember!! "e's trips whizz la?"