PDA

View Full Version : think tank -hack 1 help needed

king coe
10th June 2003, 12:09 AM
right this is a good 1!

i want the 12" release but its a bit complicated if your thick likes me is.

was it information society , think tank, hack one or what ?

i was always under the impression it was

think tank -hack1 (hakatak)

is this right i needs help on cat no and any other info

:guitar: :drum: :guitar:

RipleyPillwall
10th June 2003, 08:03 AM
my copy is

THINK TANK - HACK a knife a fork/hack one -hakattak HA1000

Made up to look very much like a TOmmy Boy label.

Jonno
10th June 2003, 08:06 AM
Don't know about the Infomation Society one but Hack One by Think Tank was on the b-side to A Knife And A Fork - cat# HA 1000 (I picked this up for a quid in a bargain bin back in 1990 - result!). Only really heard about the Info Society thing on this board. Does anyone have the Information Society vinyl?

Hack One got a re-release in it's own right in about 99, with some extra remixes on there. I think it was on one of 3 Beat offshoots - Glow perhaps.

The original is on my Breakbeat Spectacular mix in the mixes section.

wildpitch
10th June 2003, 08:07 AM
Pretty sure you'll find the Artist was Think Tank, and the label was Hakattak Records. Label looks a fine copy of the Tommy Boy one. Cat #HA1000. The A side is actually "A Knife and A Fork" with "Hack One" on the flip.

/Edit - I need to learn how to type quicker.......:axe:

pauly p
10th June 2003, 09:20 AM
Is hach one a good one?

It`s only one of the best cut up tunes ever made (along with major force - return to the original art form).
Knife and fork too - "a knife a fork a bottle and a cork, thats the way to spell New York" pure classic (Jeff Young - big beat tune).
A must for any collection.

As for Information society - an early Tommy boy release only spoilt by the vocal but the instrumental is one of my all time favorites. I still need to find a good copy of this as only have it on albums at the mo.

;)

Pauly P

lastnightadj
10th June 2003, 09:21 AM
Think Tank ARE Info Society - Info Society recorded for TB

I've got a feeling that you can get Knife & Fork or Hack 1 on a Info Society re-release LP as well as on the think tank 12"

king coe
10th June 2003, 10:17 AM
yeh you can ben its an lp with about 10 tracks on its dirt cheap everywhere for some reason i just want the 12" ,jonno it is on glow and its got proppelor heads and slacker mixes on, i just need to get the real deal !!!

cheers lads:guitar: :drum: :guitar:

pauly p
10th June 2003, 10:53 AM
Well you learn something new everyday
- (Information society, the old 80s funk/electro band from america who recorded on Tommy boy are also the chancers who made Think tank on hackattack records in 1990):confused:

Pauly P

lastnightadj
10th June 2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by pauly p
Well you learn something new everyday
- (Information society, the old 80s funk/electro band from america who recorded on Tommy boy are also the chancers who made Think tank on hackattack records in 1990)

yes sir - if you check out some of the dubs on Info Soc records you can see that they are hinting towards Think Tank ie 808s/Kraftwerk & James Brown samples - nothing as good as TT though :(

pauly p
10th June 2003, 11:55 AM
Yeah I looked up information society on netsounds and they have a tune called hach one on an album.
Its not fair, I always thought that think tank was a cheeky little one off.:(

Shooms
10th June 2003, 12:06 PM
Been looking YEARS for this & eventually got the Glow re-isse for 3 quid :D Nice phat solid heavy vinyl too (hate flippy floppy vinyl.... ie. everything on DeCon lol also urban soul - alright grrrrr class tunes & shite vinyl - whats the point lol).