PDA

View Full Version : Welly Tune ID Pwease

fugjostle
9th May 2003, 06:49 PM
Ok guys.. if a sample is required I'll try and get one. The tune I'm after is kind of stabby organ tune which a woman singing:

Everybody Sing
Singing to the king

Everybody singing to the lord, to the lord

Hallejuha
Hallejuha
Hallejuha
Hallejuha
Hallejuha

Anyone know this?

---
fug

Biskit
9th May 2003, 07:23 PM
This is a guess... Dirty Mind - Alleluyah

fugjostle
9th May 2003, 08:06 PM
Is it any good?

Biskit
9th May 2003, 08:39 PM
Personally I think its shite!!

mikey
9th May 2003, 10:22 PM
i know which tune you mean mate coz i've got the tape with it on,it's not 'dirty mind' coz i've got that one and it is fairly tat.
the one your on about has a more gospelly type/soulful vocal in it.
soz i can't help you any,if i do find out i'll let you know.
mikey

fred_funk
10th May 2003, 12:12 AM
If it's a bit more gospelly/soulful as Mikey said in another reply, then there is a fair chance it might be an Inner City tune. They released a 12" a while back called Hallelujah and without listening to it again (as my record is housed elsewhere so I can't listen to it right now) they had a very similar vocal to what was mentioned.

There was a couple of Leftfield mixes on that release so if the song had a bit of a Leftfield vibe then that may be the song that you seek.

fugjostle
12th May 2003, 09:03 AM
Maybe my description ain't so good.

Its very gospel. It has some elustrious sounding beats with the occasionaly "huh" with a kinda "hey mr dj" style synth riding on top of it.

The female gospel part:

Everybody Sing, Singing to the king
Everybody singing to the lord, to the lord

is followed by some bloke who shouts but is quite muted "Everyone shout hallelujah".

Then, it sounds like a gossip choir in the background but again its muted singing "hallelujah" repeated. They kinda sound like the crowd chant in messiah stuff?

Hope thats a bit better. I'll try and get a rip tonight... does this sound like the Inner City track? It could be a Leftfield mix but it seems a bit cheesey and under produced for a Leftfield number?
----
fug

mikey
12th May 2003, 01:05 PM
i don't think it's the inner city one.
it's got a bit of a piano solo in it.it's on the tape i mentioned in a post a few weeks back.i'm after the full tracklisting and this was one of the un-id'd ones.
later
mikey

johns_ar
12th May 2003, 01:17 PM
might be moziac - sing hallelujah but i doubt it

fugjostle
12th May 2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by mikey
i don't think it's the inner city one.
it's got a bit of a piano solo in it.it's on the tape i mentioned in a post a few weeks back.i'm after the full tracklisting and this was one of the un-id'd ones.
later
mikey

have you posted about the full track listing? If its the same tape then I may have a nearly complete listing. Paste the URL here and I will look ;)

mikey
12th May 2003, 10:24 PM
here u go:
http://www.pianoheaven.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15669&highlight=welly

mikey