PDA

View Full Version : thompson twin sample needed att lastniteadj

king coe
5th May 2003, 07:54 PM
ben or anyone can you give us a bit of the mix Feedback Max mix of Come Inside the one monsinure sasha played cheers mate:guitar: :drum: :guitar:

wildpitch
5th May 2003, 10:22 PM
You want a bit of it ripping? I'm busy at the mo mate, but if no ones done it by tomorrow night, I'll sort it.

Jonno
6th May 2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by king coe
ben or anyone can you give us a bit of the mix Feedback Max mix of Come Inside the one monsinure sasha played cheers mate:guitar: :drum: :guitar: Don't remember Sasha ever playing this. For some reason this was always a bigger tune down South than it was up North. As such it always seemed to feature heavily in the bargain bins for a quid :D

Danny
6th May 2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Jonno
As such it always seemed to feature heavily in the bargain bins for a quid :D

or perhaps even 25 pence;)

lastnightadj
6th May 2003, 05:50 AM
I can do this by midday if no-one has it to hand

This tune was MASSIVE down here - the piano and beat sounded phat :phones:

Konspiracy
6th May 2003, 09:36 AM
This was huge at the Hac in 91, parky loved his morales mixes

lastnightadj
6th May 2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Konspiracy
This was huge at the Hac in 91, parky loved his morales mixes

Are you talking bout "The Saint" - that was the one with the Morales mixes - and they were especially good :thumbsup:

Konspiracy
6th May 2003, 10:10 AM
Nah, was talkin about Come Inside, you might have got me there, ive got the US import with the Saint on the flip and I always assumed it was Morales, but you know what assume does, it makes an ass out of u and me (very sorry for the shite pun)

Jonno
6th May 2003, 10:19 AM
The Morales mixes weren't on the UK "bargain bin special" release (I don't think so anyway - I'll check when I get home). They were on the US releases - Only ever seen this in VinylExchange. I think the US release had The Saint and the Morales mix of Come Inside.

lastnightadj
6th May 2003, 10:45 AM
I think that there are a few releases of both of these on US & UK

As far as I know there are not any Morales Mixes of Come Inside

I think that it was something like this

Feedback Max feat T.T. - Come Inside (white label)

Thompson Twins - Come Inside - US 12" -a couple of FM & C&C mixes on here

Thompson Twins - Come Inside - UK 12" - 1 mix by FM & C&C each

Thompson Twins - The Saint - UK 12" - 3 Morales/2 FM/1 LP Version

I have the US 12" of the Saint somewhere and this I think is the same as the UK - but came out 6 weeks earlier

Jonno
6th May 2003, 11:12 AM
lol - you've got one or two releases of this then I take it Ben. Funny thing is I've got an extra one as well - a UK promo (but it's not a white label). There is also a double pack US promo release of Come Inside with 8 mixes on - if there are any Morales mixes of Come Inside then it'll deffo be on this.

lastnightadj
6th May 2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Jonno
lol - you've got one or two releases of this then I take it Ben.

Jonno - Yeah I was a massive Thompson Twins fan anyway - some of my 1st 12" purchase were by them - had about 30 different ones by the time I was 14/15

Top moment for me was when Rampling dropped You Take Me Up as last tune at Pure Sexy in the Milk Bar 1991 :thumbsup:

Shooms
6th May 2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by lastnightadj
Top moment for me was when Rampling dropped You Take Me Up as last tune at Pure Sexy in the Milk Bar 1991 :thumbsup:

Top tune Ben :thumbsup: reminds me of being at school that... btw - I'm trying to get a 12" of this meself - which mix would u recommend ? The only one I really know is the original release but i know that there are remixes out there too.

lastnightadj
6th May 2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Shoomster
Top tune Ben :thumbsup: reminds me of being at school that... btw - I'm trying to get a 12" of this meself - which mix would u recommend ? The only one I really know is the original release but i know that there are remixes out there too.

the standard 12" is good - there was also a US remix limited edition (this came out in the UK in a kinda bootleg looking white sleeve) which as I remember was longer - and maybe a little more "playable"

They all go cheap as chips nowdays on da 'bay

lastnightadj
6th May 2003, 01:27 PM
This is the original white mix - its the same one on the release that is called "feedback max house mix"

nathan
6th May 2003, 02:07 PM
I have a sasha @ renaissance tape from 1992 that has the feedback mix of come inside on it. honest

Jonno
6th May 2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by nathan
I have a sasha @ renaissance tape from 1992 that has the feedback mix of come inside on it. honest That'd figure though - playing it a year or so later than the southern Dj's had got on to it ;)

essexboy
6th May 2003, 03:23 PM
I have a couple of copies of Come inside 12" available. £10 each if anyone interested pm me
I'm sure they are the feedback mix. Yellowish cover. Think I might have the saint too.
Also have Sugar daddy and in the name of love dance mix.

Shooms
8th May 2003, 10:57 AM
Just got this mate :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2259&item=2527898562

is this what you've got ?

lastnightadj
8th May 2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Shoomster
Just got this mate :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2259&item=2527898562

is this what you've got ?

Yeah thats it - I saw this yesterday and was going to contact you - then I saw that you had bid already

I think that this might be a slightly longer one than the Standard 12" - definatly rarer though -