PDA

View Full Version : pin up girls take me away

easty
29th April 2003, 12:00 PM
I have a mix of this tune on a bootie, it is also mixed into congress on the bootie. The mix is proper pianoey and was wondering if it ever had a proper release as the quality of the bootie is pretty crap. Any ideas?

Dj Britalian
29th April 2003, 12:32 PM
easty,

if its the version with a really clicky breakbeat & it breaks down into piano about half way through its the pin down version on the b-side of an awesome 3 track, i cant remember which one, i am at work but i think its possessed,

can confirm it later:D

Cheers fella

lastnightadj
29th April 2003, 01:42 PM
I picked up what i thought was the original Pin Up Girls - Take Sting Away on Acid Ep - but when I got home and looked closer it is a 3 mix release of Take me away - credited to pin up girls - with theold fasdhioned looking pencil drawing of a woment on it - but is not Take Sting etc - anyone know which this one is - it has a "Dubbed Up" mix on it

pauly p
29th April 2003, 01:53 PM
I just got the sting on acid e.p. this weekend for a couple of quid and it has yet another take me away just like the other pin up girls - take me away with 3 mixes.
I have also got pin up boys - first rhythm which is poo and has a similar picture but is a bloke instead.
How many of these things are there?:confused:

Pauly P

jonnyp
29th April 2003, 05:56 PM
I know the bootie track you mean....'true faith' vocals over the top of 40 miles? Although the vocals are clearly not the same bird singing.

I very much doubt it got a 'proper' release being a mashup type thingy:D

And it is really far too bassy as well

sirius
29th April 2003, 07:06 PM
@paulyp > First ryhthm stonks....what you on about!??!. :crazy: :crazy:

:naughty: :naughty:

Sirius.

pauly p
30th April 2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by sirius
@paulyp > First ryhthm stonks....what you on about!??!. :crazy: :crazy:

:naughty: :naughty:

Sirius.

I`ll give it another listen - hehe!

Mr-Monday
30th April 2003, 01:04 PM
The Awsome 3 version of take me away was re-sung. I've got the acapella of that, but I'm still looking for the proper acapella of the True Faith version. I know its out there somewhere.

DJFANTAZIA
30th April 2003, 11:52 PM
The Awesome 3 version rocks.

Ive got the original on Paragon (1989), with the acapella with the bass behind it.

It sounds like Awe 3 just did an intro, played the acapella and bass, stuck a break beat behind it, and faded it out into a top piano riff, which they probably played with their index fingers, lol.
(Apparently they were a bit of a cowboy operation - Gaz {Britalian}works with Wayne Allen who has worked with em on Dont Go and Freedom of Life, and apparently they could barley play the piano, heheh)

;) :p

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: