View Full Version : knights of the turntables

whatyadoinsucka
28th February 2002, 08:14 PM
i've just seen a 24th release (nu luv, its a feeling, awesome3 'freedom of life' etc...........)

one question who makes these

Zoneraver
28th February 2002, 08:15 PM
<~~~lips tightly sealed

whatyadoinsucka
28th February 2002, 08:40 PM
i always thought it was connected to bowlers
now I reckon a few dj's or promoters
north west
manchester/liverpool/wigan/burnley area

am i getting warmer

sirius
28th February 2002, 10:07 PM
I thought Pianoman owned up to these shannanagins a few weeks back..............(Leeds?).

whatyadoinsucka
28th February 2002, 10:28 PM
they've thought it out clearly

everytime i think of a tune and think why's that not on the knights
the
next time i look their it is

DJFANTAZIA
28th February 2002, 11:44 PM
Me an Gaz always used to suspect that HTFR printed them, cos they sell a vinyl cuttin machine, ...................and because they are all proper dodgy f**kin bastards.

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

Here's Johnny
28th February 2002, 11:57 PM
If anyone out there is involved with these, how about cutting the following on number 25:

Sound of Eden - Shades of Rhythm
Party People - Problem House
Can U Feel It - Elevation

It'll save me shelling out a score for each!

nathan
1st March 2002, 12:00 AM
but they have been around for ages so I'm not too sure. They've certainly been around longer than pianoman so I think. My knight in ibiza one is such shite quality I had to re but the fleetwood mac one (which incidently I'm currently selling on ebay plug plug)

nathan
1st March 2002, 12:03 AM
knights 25

1) dj desire:- economix ep
2) global:- paradise
3)sined rosa:- i don't know what it is
4) new order:- true faith (das escrima mix) only 500 of these in the whole world

DJFANTAZIA
1st March 2002, 12:14 AM
Some of the knights tunes are cool, but very often they dont use the best mixes,.......although thats actually quite sensible, as it might kill the trade of originals from back in the day.

Go on then, someone obviusly knows whos printing them,.....ah go on,....tell us.

whatyadoinsucka
1st March 2002, 08:25 AM
global 'parradice' is on KOTT15

i must confess i've had 1-10 plus 12,15
in my collection
(only got 4 left)
sorry god, for i have sinned

but i was young and innocent
and i'd never discovered vinyl exchange or ebay
(i've now got 6/7 original king bee's)
(3/4 copies of young mc etc................

Can't really pick up your hard to find italian in Huddersfield

but i got jonno his copy of sined rosa

from a guy you may have heard of

JACO (yah-co) 'Show some love' Fame

I'm thinking of banging out my own white label
press up 200-300
sell to HTFR, DMF, the Disc, Vinyl exchange
and a few on ebay

What tunes would you like to see, on a booty

Technoage 'movin on' (instrumental

Jonno
1st March 2002, 09:11 AM
but i got jonno his copy of sined rosa Are you sure? I distinctly remember buying my copy brand new from Melody House when it very first came out.

whatyadoinsucka
1st March 2002, 11:24 AM
wrong bloke alltogeather

i meant ? (can't think who)

sweet sensation
1st March 2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Here's Johnny
If anyone out there is involved with these, how about cutting the following on number 25:

Sound of Eden - Shades of Rhythm

It'll save me shelling out a score for each!

Hee hee !! I only paid £6 for mine !!:D :D Sorry, had to rub it in !!;)

Sweet xx

matthew
1st March 2002, 06:08 PM
If anyone reads this who cuts the knights how about 1 for me:

Esp - Dreamscape

Economics – Panic

Globe and the hardcore massive – Anthem

Sykick - the tune that goes 'I wana dance', 'let me see you dance'
an breaks a few times for a piano and flute type breakdown

? - ? some old 808 state show tune, mellow ibiza type that nicked talk talk - its my life tune and has the words ' people, family' ' the woman represents the earth, the man repersents the sun'

:heart:
mattyg

DJFANTAZIA
2nd March 2002, 02:36 PM
DREAM KNIGHTS.

A : Rhythm Eclipse , Feel It In The Air
AA: Twist , I'll Be There

B : Global Paradice , Can You Hear Me
BB: Sykick , Nasty Remix

Oh and nathan, I think youl find Global, Paradice is already on one of the earlier Knights, cos I used to av it. Its not the best version though, ...refer to B)above,.......I belive thats what everyones after.,.............but I'm prepared for someone to supercede my knowledge here, as normally happens,lol

Dj Ben Fisher
2nd March 2002, 03:28 PM
i friend of mine knows the guy that does these knights, next time i see him ill see if i can get in contact with him to see if we cant make your dream knights come true!!! cos id like that meself (bar twist though cos i already got it )

nathan
3rd March 2002, 03:00 PM
silly woman sing "I'll be there for you" I'd like to hit her over the head with a large book. Really not my cup of tea. I wouldn't pay £2 for that

BRADDY
3rd March 2002, 06:26 PM
mine would have to be.

A. COLD SENSATION - BANG TO THE RHYTHM
AA. BASS RATE - RHYTHM NATION

B. DAISY DEE - HEADBONE CONNECTED
BB. YOLK - MUSIC 4 DA PEOPLE (1995 REMIX)

Here's Johnny
3rd March 2002, 07:38 PM
Bass Rate cost me all of 49p from a bargain basement bin in HMV in Glasgow a couple of years ago.

butty
3rd March 2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by nathan
silly woman sing "I'll be there for you" I'd like to hit her over the head with a large book. Really not my cup of tea. I wouldn't pay £2 for that

i suggest u go get your ears tested my friend!!

lol j/k buddy, i luv twist to bits even more than carol vorderman (nearly)

ps braddy mate ive got cold sensation, do u have it??? if ya aint an ya wannit then pm me n wel sort summet oot

sirius
7th March 2002, 11:28 PM
(Going back a few posts) How much is that vinyl lathe at HTFR?. Hmmmn. Pressing up mi own retro collections in album format sounds good. Less than £300? I verymuch doubt it!!!.
Pianoman has been going at least during 1992, btw - but not necessarily under that name :). It must not be him afterallz...

DJFANTAZIA
8th March 2002, 12:48 AM
Yeah Sirius, I think £300 is a bit optomistic for a vinyl lathe, the one I'm saving up for, soon to be released at HTFR, is between£1800 and £2500, (theyve not decided what they are going to charge for it yet, no doubt they will opt for the higher pric, lol at the public!)

Its the one that mounts a Technics SL 1200/1210 and therefore is significantly cheaper than the other, all in one, cutter on the market, which is about £4500.

This hobby gets more expensive everyday!

peter_145
11th March 2002, 07:19 PM
Mental Cube - Q
Jillian Mendez - Dont know what your missing
JT Company - Dont deal with us
Andy on the Eve - Melodies of passion

VinylAnimal
11th March 2002, 07:47 PM
Can I just say I don't agree with any of this thread. IMO the guys who produce "knights" are a bunch of robbin' fukkers.....

I don't mind bootlegs when the tracks are so rare that you've no chance of buying em (like the Q-Words bootleg). But half the tunes mentioned in this thread can be purchased with a bit of patience and a tenner spare (as wth most of the Knights stuff when they put em out)

The bootleggers are stealing from everyone from the artist down (including the silly fukkers that pay for a shite quality rip of what's more than likely the wrong mix)

IMO if yer objective isn't the original yer not a real tune spotter. I don't mind peeps buying a short term solution to summat that proves a fukker to find, but being "happy" with yer purchase and ending yer quest for the vinyl makes you a big girls blouse in my tune spotting manual....

Page 34, subsection 2 :guitar:

whatyadoinsucka
11th March 2002, 08:27 PM
i purchased 1-10 in my younger days
(i'd never found vinylexchange/record fairs/oxfam/carboot sales
and ebay, not to mention gemm netsounds etc,,,,,,,,,

i now own 2/3 copies of each track

and from the first ever one

5 kingbee's
and 5 young mc's

hows that for put right a wrong

bob_skipton
12th March 2002, 02:05 PM
I too have purchased a few of the knights, only about 5 though, just enough to realise how shite they are......

if the mixes aren't the best version, then it's the quality, and if it's not the quality of the sound of the press, it's the quality of the press itself, most of mine have too big a hole in the centre.....

shite......

I haven't been collecting that long, but now endevaour to look for originals always......there's nothing more satisfying than finding a rarity in all it's original glory......

Also this can potentially de-value the originals, but I suppose only to the people who don't know their arses from their elbows.....

Good point VA

Bob

ste huxley
12th March 2002, 05:40 PM
Theres nowt like the original press of a tune over a booty or a Knights/King Arthurs/Sir Poncy Lancalot or whatever lol

Theres always some other mix or bonus beat/acappella that you can use for mixing, not forgetting the best mix of course!!

I do occasionally buy a booty only when I cannot get the original for love nor money, altho I'll still be looking for the original, which I'll probs get in the end!

Last but not least it is most satifying to have the orignal press in your collection. That matters most to serious record collectors/DJ's

Cheers

whatyadoinsucka
12th March 2002, 05:59 PM
i was very please with my

bootleg of corina 'temptation', technoage 'movin on',
house corp 'i know i can do it' , and TNT 'i kill love'
(a good pressing)

but the originals sound so much better

plus corina has got the synthaccapella/ dark beats

and technoage has got the instrumental and 3 mixes of fixation (which samp movin on' all the way through)

tnt another decent mix on it.

Every bootleg i own i now have the original

apart from

parra dice 'can u hear me'
bit machine feat daisy dee 'alright'
and espiral 'dunne' (pic cover)

and i'll definately buy these if i ever bastard see them
what ever the price, in the window (wrc)

(if you got these for sale i'll pay serious money)

Here's Johnny
12th March 2002, 07:47 PM
Parradice is on one of the 12s on the Retro Volume 1 album - I know it's not the original but at least it's a bona fide release and the quality is A1. It'll set you back £12 from HMV of all places.

sirius
12th March 2002, 08:56 PM
Wow. I totally agree too. I must admit in defence I have a load of boots' but way back I never knew where to but the originals or knew the names of owt relatively rare - so youd go 'oh whats that, its got xxxxxx on it, I wonder what those other tracks are' and youd gain the record and knowledge of what the other tracks are aswell for the second stage - the quest for the originals!. Still huntin a few down mysel!........

Yeah, its always a bit sad when someone profits on other poeples hard work, or laziness of the searcher. The thing is though, if the original artists/companies would wake up and smell the coffee and realise the market for some of the tunes or at least check thier storerooms out once in a while, the bootleggers would be out of business. On the other hand, an overswamp of old skool would spoil things too much......god I am going skitzophrenic!, I will be having indepths talks with mysel before long :).

Sirius.

whatyadoinsucka
12th March 2002, 10:20 PM
i'm yet to pick up that vinyl

i've known about it a few weeks
(see notes on www.anthems.com)

i'm never near a HMV

i'll try tomorrow

cheers
james