PDA

View Full Version : hiiiigher take me hiiigher!

glenn
22nd April 2003, 09:33 PM
ellol tune boffins!got another one ,starts of with quite atmosferic build up no kik drum after 20 -30 secs it breaks into a proper diva vocal type shreek that goes"hiiiigher,take me hiiiigher,take me,take me,take me take me hiiigher"then it goes into the main riff and kik etc then it breaks into that famous scratch sample are u ready for this".dead obvios to you peeps but not for me:$ .....cheers:D

digthemusic
22nd April 2003, 09:35 PM
Came outta nowhere by evolution.

digthemusic

glenn
22nd April 2003, 09:38 PM
thank you kind sir:D :D

Shooms
22nd April 2003, 09:45 PM
foookin tune & a half that :D

it's the sasha sweet mix (promo version) or the take me higher mix (release) that u are after - I got both ;)

The flip is the world wide mix which is also raaaaaaather noice :D

DJFANTAZIA
1st May 2003, 12:35 AM
Its deffo got one of the best scratches in this, ever. IMHO

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

Martin91
1st May 2003, 03:32 PM
does anyone know what year this track is from, cause it sounds awfully similar to one I have ben chasing from '91 for years, but I never had it on tape. It only exists as a vague memory in my head from when I heard it.
Even better, Shoomster could you be so kind as to mp3 a sample of it by chance??:$
:mexican: :gigolo: :mexican:

Jonno
1st May 2003, 03:42 PM
The track is from 1990.

The "Take Me Higher" is sampled from Pisces - Take Me Higher (a great track in itself).

The scratch is sampled from another record.

Konspiracy
1st May 2003, 03:43 PM
The scratch sample is from MDEM Get Hip to This I think, but you can also get it on the Record Review booty with Robin Wants Revenge on

Martin91
3rd May 2003, 04:35 PM
anyone got a snip of this song, either the Sasha Sweet mix or Take Me Higher mix? I'm also after it (I think), I need to hear a bit to positively id it.
Any help much appreciated;) ;)

Shooms
3rd May 2003, 05:32 PM
Mate - if you wanted to call me I can play it down the the phone to ya - PM me if u want me tele number :D

nathan
3rd May 2003, 06:20 PM
have pisces for sale at the moment

Shooms
3rd May 2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by nathan
have pisces for sale at the moment

As a mine of useless info can I add that Pisces - Take me higher is a very good rip-off of an old 70's disco number: Cerrone - Love in C Minor - the 12" pic sleeve is so tacky as to be unbelievable - think Tony Ferreno surrounded by 70's dollybirds in silky vest tops & tight hotpants with their boobies hanging out the sides of the tops.....scorchio ;)

Myk
4th May 2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Martin91
anyone got a snip of this song, either the Sasha Sweet mix or Take Me Higher mix? I'm also after it (I think), I need to hear a bit to positively id it.
Any help much appreciated;) ;)

Here, Ive put a clip up for you. This is from the Sasha mix which is I'm sure the one youre after :

Sample (http://www.euro-computers.com/Clips/evolution.mp3)

Martin91
4th May 2003, 06:26 AM
:D :D I'm 99% sure thats the one i remember hearing, well it is, just not sure of the mix. Although the sample you put up is exactly as I remember it.
Do any of the other mixes have the same opening vocals or are they a bit different?
Well anyway, big thanks for that, it has put a 12 year mystery to bed for me! Cheers

Shooms
4th May 2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Martin91
:D :D I'm 99% sure thats the one i remember hearing, well it is, just not sure of the mix. Although the sample you put up is exactly as I remember it.
Do any of the other mixes have the same opening vocals or are they a bit different?
Well anyway, big thanks for that, it has put a 12 year mystery to bed for me! Cheers

mate if u recognise the opening then that is the mix u want - the world wide mix is on the flip & has the following opening:

windy type sound & vocals "Came outta nowhere, huge hit world wide, then they disapeared..... EVOLUTION" then goes into the uplifting synth.

both mixes are on the same 12" on positive vinyl cat PV01 from 90. They were collaborations between Mark Stag & Sasha. If u liked this tune also check out the followup - Evolution - Metropolis which has 2 famous Sasha mixes - the piano dub & cant stop the feeling mix. :thumbsup:

digthemusic
4th May 2003, 01:49 PM
There was the bootleg in the realm of nowhere,which was the accapella on the realm by chantel played a the beginning with came outta of nowhere brought in.

digthemusic

Martin91
4th May 2003, 04:40 PM
shoomster, ;) ;) once again, many thanks for the info buddy. Now all I have to do is find the bloody thing!
And to Biskit, yes mate I am after it, but it seems I want the Sasha Sweet mix, on Positive cat no PV001, according to Shoom's info. Dya have that one??
Georgie Porgie is not the one we on about, as you have just discovered!!