PDA

View Full Version : Balearic Beats Vol 2 - Just To Get By ??

lastnightadj
10th April 2003, 12:22 PM
ive got this bootleg - its got:

Mr Mister - Broken Wings (remix)
Sister Sledge - Thinking of You (remix)

and

an unknown cheesy 80s tune remixed - really familiar but cant quite hit it - the chorus is "Just to get by, just to get by" and it pretty much goes on from there - any ideas?

thanks

RipleyPillwall
10th April 2003, 12:24 PM
SOunded great at the time though...

Shooms
10th April 2003, 12:37 PM
ben - is this for sale ? I'd be really interested in listening to a rip of the sister sledge tune as thinking of you is oneof me fave tunes eva (reminds me of an, as yet ;) , unrequited love)

lastnightadj
10th April 2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Shoomster
ben - is this for sale ? I'd be really interested in listening to a rip of the sister sledge tune as thinking of you is oneof me fave tunes eva (reminds me of an, as yet ;) , unrequited love)

Sorry - this ones for keeps :phones:

Got it for The Mr Mister remix - been looking for years

As Ripley says the remixes arnt that clever - pretty much just a beat under the original - but Broken Wings sounded good at the time

Can probably sort a rip of Sister Sledge if you like

does anyone know if Vol 1 has the Cutting Crew remix on? - and if so what is this like?

Jonno
10th April 2003, 01:02 PM
You didn't get this from *ahem* hard to find did you Ben - I noticed they had a copy in last week.

lastnightadj
10th April 2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Jonno
You didn't get this from *ahem* hard to find did you Ben - I noticed they had a copy in last week.

Ive never ordered from there - 2 many horror stories about bootlegs and represses etc

Jonno
10th April 2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by lastnightadj
Ive never ordered from there - 2 many horror stories about bootlegs and represses etc "No, No, No. Do not believe the lies of infidels. Be reassured, Hard To Find is safe, fortified and great"

These aren't my words. I got this information off Hard To Find's spokesman.

Jonno
10th April 2003, 01:41 PM
Although I've just found his photo on their website

Biskit
10th April 2003, 01:46 PM
LMFAO @ Jonno, tiz tru, tiz tru!!

nathan
10th April 2003, 02:02 PM
broken wings (balearic bills remix) on a bootleg called whoop. can't rember the other tunes

Konspiracy
10th April 2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Jonno
Although I've just found his photo on their website

aaaa so thats where hes disappeared to. Everytime I switched on the telly last week that fella was on

Jonno
10th April 2003, 04:16 PM
Apparently Hard To Find have snapped him up because he can continue in their fine traditional of blatant lying - just ask Shooms vis-a-vis Rhythm Foundation (or was that DMF? - ah well, different sellers, same lies!)