PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Artist/Title, white label Amen stomper from 1997(?)

Minimum Chips
22nd February 2022, 12:41 PM
Hi All,

This tune has been a mystery to me for the last 25 years. Massive, heavy Amen tune that I've never, ever heard anywhere else other than from my own collection of vinyl. It's a white label and had no markings at all. I no longer have the disc unfortunately.
I never bothered to find out who the artist was or anything at the time because I used to buy heaps of vinyl at once and just never thought about it, until after I'd lost it...

I got it in Perth, Western Australia at a record shop called "Da Da's" in the city. It was one of 3 or 4 white labels I got from there around 1997. I can't be sure of this tune is from 1997, or that's just the year I got it. Could be from 1995 or 1996 but I really doubt it because Da Da's was known for being bang up to date with their catalogue, and I doubt this tune would've sat there for a year or two, I reckon it is that good. :thumbsup:

I named the file "Watchu Wan Do" because, well, that's what old mate says in the sample repeatedly :)
I'm not expecting anyone to know, but thanks for having a listen.

Minimum Chips
23rd February 2022, 12:12 AM
Here's the whole tune with the last 30 seconds or so cut off to get it below 1.5mb upload limit