PDA

View Full Version : Hip hop London jam 1987 ish

Shooms
2nd April 2003, 02:04 PM
Sample city ahoy !

Can anyone shed any light on where the following samples came from:

North London posse in the place (as used by Blapps - Bus' it)
We didn't come here to battle - we come to rock !

I think there was a 'live' album from 87ish which was basically a go-off in London somewhere.

Or did I dream it ???:axe:

wildpitch
2nd April 2003, 02:21 PM
I can remember there being something called UK Fresh or similar. I think it was run by Morgan Khan, who used to own the Streetwave and Streetsounds labels. If that was run by MK it would seem likely to me that their was a recording of it. Not sure if that was exactly what you were looking for.

nathan
2nd April 2003, 04:49 PM
that we didn't come to battle. we came to rock. is from a breaking competition. i think. I'll ring aston now and ask him where the blapps thing is from hang on. shit ansaphone will get back to u on that one

sample_city
2nd April 2003, 07:04 PM
Are these not off the Hustlers Convention 1989 on The Music of Life lable? I'll try and ratch it out! I've got it somewhere!:crazy:
it was billed as the first ever live rap album and was recorded after Cutmaster Swift had won the DMC Championship

sample_city
2nd April 2003, 11:00 PM
:axe: :axe: Err! after listening to it 2nite there not off the hustlers album!! Doh!!:axe: :axe:

doolz
2nd April 2003, 11:11 PM
hmm i have the streetsounds fresh 86 dont thin its on ere think it is
actually isnt that north london posse in the place from the public enemy brixton concert ???

doolz
2nd April 2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by doolz
hmm i have the streetsounds fresh 86 dont thin its on ere think it is
actually isnt that north london posse in the place from the public enemy brixton concert ???

isnt the let me hear u say yeah sample that 2 in a room used from the same thing

nathan
5th April 2003, 02:54 PM
caught up with matt and aston.

basically the 'we didn't come to battle we came to rock' right about now everybody is in the place' is from some 'music is life hustlers convention' as mentioned before. the north london posse in the place is from some old rap all-dayer in london that aston can't remember. :axe: :axe: but they are from two seperate events

lastnightadj
5th April 2003, 03:50 PM
I got this FOR SALE (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2519263573&category=1589) at the moment :axe:

Hustlers Convention Live - Music Of LIfe Records - all the usual MOL suspects on this -

http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_50a1689997526ba4e8dea80f8fce5755/i-1.JPG

sample_city
6th April 2003, 02:28 AM
after a 2nd listen ive found the 'right about now everybody is in the place' sample & the 'we didn't come to battle' sample but not the 'we came to rock' bit!
its on the 2nd side when MC Duke & Merlin are doing the freestyle and thing's get a bit out of hand!!

Highlights include a storming version of 'Im Riffin' by MC Duke and How good are The Demon Boyz!

nathan
6th April 2003, 02:42 PM
yeah i've just remembered merlin calling mc duke a batty boy basically lol

Shooms
8th April 2003, 02:18 PM
Cheers for all the info & pointers guys !! :king: Appreciated.