tuneID.com

tuneID.com (http://www.tuneid.com/)
-   Suggestions (http://www.tuneid.com/suggestions/)
-   -   Genres.. (http://www.tuneid.com/suggestions/8-genres.html)

Konspiracy 22nd December 2004 09:40 AM

Genres..
 
How about another for Old US House Butty? Could be anything from Chicago / NY 84-91..

Also what about Old US / Euro Techno/Trance (even though it is a dirty word these days...)

Or they could just go in the Warehouse section.. :)

marchwiel 22nd December 2004 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konspiracy
How about another for Old US House Butty? Could be anything from Chicago / NY 84-91..

That should be a deffo, although might be worth having Detroit in there too, (techno obviously).

blue jammer 22nd December 2004 09:55 AM

Why not do a poll and see what the most popular genres that are wanted, are ?

Some other suggestions

Breakbeat (covering jungle, drum n bass etc)
Soul/Hip Hop
Acid
Electronica - covering downtempo and newer stuff such as electroclash (for the 95-2004 stuff)


Would suggest more but currently tempted by some very tasty looking food nibbles, so I won't.

Konspiracy 22nd December 2004 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue jammer
Why not do a poll and see what the most popular genres that are wanted, are ?

Good idea..

All those suggested are valid, could also include a downtempo section for balearic, ambient etc..

We could be here all year lol

Biskit 22nd December 2004 11:05 AM

Could you not put the below under 'Warehouse Classics' as a sub heading

Old US / Euro Techno/Trance/Bleep

lastnightadj 22nd December 2004 11:09 AM

A lot of folks might not know what section to put the id in before they know what track it is (if u get what I mean) - the more sections the more confusing for the person putting up the ID

pauly p 22nd December 2004 11:13 AM

2 more new sections perhaps? : Tunes off Sasha tapez / Tunes off Vertigo tapez ;) hehe

blue jammer 22nd December 2004 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauly p
tapez ;) hehe

You wot mate?

Iz dis a tapas site now? Can I av some nibbles wiv me tunez ?

:D

sweet sensation 22nd December 2004 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauly p
2 more new sections perhaps? : Tunes off Sasha tapez / Tunes off Vertigo tapez ;) hehe

Lol I agree with that !!!!

How about a tracklisting section too?

pauly p 22nd December 2004 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue jammer
You wot mate?

Iz dis a tapas site now? Can I av some nibbles wiv me tunez ?

:D


Hehe. Howz abootz cassettez ;)

pluto 22nd December 2004 03:26 PM

i would deffo be up for a electronica or underground section...... iv'e got tonnes of detroit style techno and electro etc dating up to 2003 :)

Noel 22nd December 2004 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet sensation
How about a tracklisting section too?

A few of us have been working on a tracklistings section over on osa since the summer. I did suggest that it be opened up to everyone a few months back, but it still hasn't. TBH I would rather it remain over there if it means reposting everything as I've put quite a lot of work into it! If it could be moved as it is to here then it wouldn't bother me which site it was on...

admin 22nd December 2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noel
A few of us have been working on a tracklistings section over on osa since the summer. I did suggest that it be opened up to everyone a few months back, but it still hasn't. TBH I would rather it remain over there if it means reposting everything as I've put quite a lot of work into it! If it could be moved as it is to here then it wouldn't bother me which site it was on...

lol id forgot all about that :D

il open it up over the next couple of days :D

stopmeandslapme 22nd December 2004 05:28 PM

I'm hopeless at telling whether a tune is US, UK or Euro the date and the style, it would be nice to keep things simple e.g:-

Early (hip hop, electro, house)
Old School (rave, techno, bleeps, breaks, piano etc)
Recent (d&b, jungle, trip hop, uk garage, crappy trance etc)

then i'd only have to look in the old school section :cool:

admin 22nd December 2004 05:47 PM

okies ive changed the descriptions etc about a bit thanks for everyones input. wel see how it goes like this for a bit i rekon and change things if needs be as we get settled in

nice one :)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.1.0