Thread: Rock to the Beat

Default Rock to the Beat

right ive got the Reese & Santonio,Oxy and the 101 versions of rock to the beat but does ayone know of any others?The one im after has the vocals......

"Party people dancing around,they need nothing but a good groove and a good sound, if u keep the rhythm it'll let you move, then u gotta everything to make a groove..........Rock to the beat,said rock to the beat etc,etc".

any ideas??

Default Paulus

I know the one and it is Reese and SAntano and that one is the best version, couldn't tell you what mix it is but I know it's on one of those network classics records things with Funky Green Dogs on the other side, the other one that you have is shite. Oxy also did a Rock To The Beat which is better than the Reese shit one that you have and that 101 thing.

Nice one Nez.It is by far the best version

The Network Classics release with Reese & Santonio on is the Mayday Mix. It doesn't have those lyrics though. Also it's got Strings of Life on the flip. The Funky Green Dogs Network Classics releases (Reach for Me + Dub - 2 different releases) had other stuff on the flip. Not 100% though.

Default It might be on something called

The Network Album then or something like that which was a compilation of songs by Network. Off the top of my head other songs that where on it where Love Revolution - Give It To Me Baby and some song called REport TO the dancefloor.Then again I'm proably wrong. The song that mol is on about I've only got on one tape from f**k knows where by a DJ called Paul Rae who had summat to do with X-Records in Bolton.

Lisa M - Rock To The Beat.. i thought this was the best one.. very strong vocal detroit techno...

THE FUTURE SOUND OF OLDSKOOL

Originally posted by Taff64
    Lisa M - Rock To The Beat.. i thought this was the best one.. very strong vocal detroit techno...
    Lisa M(ousemaid) ??!!

PS anyone else think this smiley is a dead ringer for David Baddiel ? -------> We need a Frank Skinner one too

lol @ shooms he he

frank skinner smiley - lol made me larffffffffff

one prob shooms a fekkin blues fan

innit

al

fuckin still buzzin over that degrees mucka wooohooooo

Lisa M(ousemaid)??? LOL! if it is her then shes got a fantastic voice...

THE FUTURE SOUND OF OLDSKOOL

Originally posted by Taff64
    Lisa M(ousemaid)??? LOL! if it is her then shes got a fantastic voice...
    Well from hearing her "Oooops - got the mic on by accident" voice-overs from Pal she's deffo got that sexy "20 silk cuts a day" huskiness about her...... like Mariella Frostrup..... but Suvvern........ and errr fit (I deduce - imagination- working over time )

Its REESE 'Rock to the Beat' - Hitman Mix by K.Saunderson,A Saunderson and A Echols. Remix by Mike 'Hitman' Wilson and Vocals by Karen Joy.

Wow, hows that for an ID?!. 1989 KMS records Detroit. It was repressed last year, so you shouldnt find it too hard to get a copy and make sure you dont get stiffed when someone says its original - you need to see if it looks like an '89 record and not a right new shiney bugger .

See ya,

Sirius.

Yay - well ID'd Sirius mate

PS I still reckon the world deserves to know if Lisa M is our very own Lisa Mousey...... Lis - just to satisfy my curiosity can you pretty pls sing accapellas over yr mixing a la Sonique

Nice 1 Sirus i u sound 100% definate about itand it isnt the Lisa M version either so i reckon your right

Thread Information