Thread: Jomanda ?

Default Jomanda ?

Alright guys & gals

I think this was ID's before but not sure (think it was in one of the many Soundsource threads)....

Sasha set from Shelleys '91 (this is the set that starts with Unique 3- No more & then has other tunes like Beat Club - Dreams are made to be broken, Mariah Carey - Emotions, William Orbit mix of Killer etc etc).

He uses a tune with vocals wholesale from Jomanda 'Body rock' (not sure if this is a rmx or the tune uses the acca)....has luuuuuverley stutter synth which Sasha works the "Take me up"vocal from Soundsource in & out....

Any ideas coz it's feckin' lush

Fanks in advance y'all :thumsup:

this i think is the sasha @ the eclipse 1 tape. i've got the original copy of this. class tape.

Are you meaning right at the very start where he mixes 'take me up' acc over 'sil - windows' then scratches the brass disk acappella?

track 1 - Unique 3 - No More ( sasha mix )
    track 2 - ???
    track 3 - Beat Club - dreams were made to be broken
    track 4 - Mariah Carey - Emotions ( C & C vocal dub dub mix)
    track 5 - ???
    track 6 - ???
    track 7 - Clubland - Hold on tighter ( to love ) silk hurley mix

B- side

track 8 - Soundsource - take me up - acappella
    track 9 - SIL - Windows / dupree - brass disk accapella
    track 10 - ???
    track 11 - ???
    track 12 - React to Rhythm - Intoxication
    track 13 - Chicco Secci Project - Whip Of The Rhythm pianopella
    track 14 - Sabrina Johnston - Peace
    track 15 - Members Of The House - these are my people ( rainbow mix )
    track 16 - "gonna get yourself together"??? PWM ?
    track 12 - ???

this is what i got so far.

yeah mate - this is the set - although I thought it was Shelleys ? Also my set has more tracks then yrs (ner ner lol ! ) - will go thru 2nite & give a full tracklisting of what I know (also cheers for listing yrs - gave me some ID's I've been after)

It is that bit at the end of the 1st side before the Upapella comes in...... stuttery rushy synth....

on aye, know which bit you mean now. just listened to the end of the tape again, and it's got that part on it.

not got a 'positive' ID on it yet

lets see if we can complete this tracklisting

I remember that there was a one sided (i think) bootie from that time that was basically the the synth pads off the beginning of Soundsource "Take Me Up" gated (ie transformed/stuttered - or whatever you want to call it ) with the Jomanda vocal right over the top and some beats - long time ago but i cant remember whether the "Take Me Up"vocal was also on there - I think that it had something to do with TAG records in London - it was a white and i dont think it even had a name on

Originally posted by lastnightadj
    I remember that there was a one sided (i think) bootie from that time that was basically the the synth pads off the beginning of Soundsource "Take Me Up" gated (ie transformed/stuttered - or whatever you want to call it ) with the Jomanda vocal right over the top and some beats - long time ago but i cant remember whether the "Take Me Up"vocal was also on there - I think that it had something to do with TAG records in London - it was a white and i dont think it even had a name on
    Oooooooh ! Now THAT sounds sexy ! I think it could deffo be that with the Soundsource acca being cut into it.... Cheers for the info mate

Anyone else now this bootie & have any other info on it ? Chaaaaars !

Bumpity-bump-bump !

Default Bump of sorts....

... right.... sorta getting somewhere with this...

The tune that forms the basis of this is Jomanda - Make your body rock (no Salsa mix I think it is) which is fact almost a total accapella with added pianos & light beats at the beginning with a strong 4/4 near the end.....

Question is what the stuttered/gated synth mix of Soundsource - Take me up is.....

Someone mentioned that they managed to get a copy of the 'illegal' mix of Soundsource .... anyone know what this is & what it's like ?

Cheers in advance

i think the the illegal mix is the one on b-tech witht the white label and the black and white sticker on the cover - about a 2 min intro of those sytntha with the take me up vocal - that then drops into the accapella rap (blow yer mind etc) - not reallly much beatage until well into this one - used as a set starter a lot at the time

Thread Information