Thread: A question about Rhythm Foundation - Let The Whole World Know

Default A question about Rhythm Foundation - Let The Whole World Know

I have 2 copies of this on vinyl. The British version in the yellow cover on M.O.S. records. And 1 on an Italian label - the cover is white with a blue photograph on the front. Since the track was produced in Blighty it must have been licensed to this Italian label. But the Italian release has 4 tracks as opposed to the UK's and instead of the UK's 'Heavenly Roots Edit' it has an epic 15 minute mix 'Heavenly Roots Mix' which is absolutely sublime (just been going through the outer reaches of my collection and I don't think I've played this before so excuse the enthusiasm!)

Cat no. is ITX 1579. But there's no info on the label. Does anyone know cat nos. similar to that from an Italian label, or know what label this is? I was going to put it on the 'Oggs you see

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by truly-madly
    I have 2 copies of this on vinyl. The British version in the yellow cover on M.O.S. records. And 1 on an Italian label - the cover is white with a blue photograph on the front. Since the track was produced in Blighty it must have been licensed to this Italian label. But the Italian release has 4 tracks as opposed to the UK's and instead of the UK's 'Heavenly Roots Edit' it has an epic 15 minute mix 'Heavenly Roots Mix' which is absolutely sublime (just been going through the outer reaches of my collection and I don't think I've played this before so excuse the enthusiasm!)

Cat no. is ITX 1579. But there's no info on the label. Does anyone know cat nos. similar to that from an Italian label, or know what label this is? I was going to put it on the 'Oggs you see

Thanks in advance.
    that's the only one i've ever had, or seen. however, i'm in US so perhaps that is why. and when i cataloged my collection i couldn't find ANY label info at all. it's a rather strange release because there isn't any label info...

p.s. perhaps a little known fact???? rhythm foundation was actually Evolution.

hmmm, and to think for all these years i was told it was actually the Evolution boys.

All I can say is......TOOOOOOOONNNEEE-A-ROOOON-ROOOOONIEEEE!!!

Ooops, sorry. Beendrinkin a bit tonite. Promixe wongt happen agoin....

Thanks in advance.
    The white sleeve "Italian" one isnt Italian at all, its from Blackburn, it was released to look like an Italian track at the time. Thats the one Ive got... Spielys links should go into more detail n Jonno will know more probably. I remember it being put to No1 in the European Piano Chart in Eastern Bloc to shift more copies...

The Yellow one is the UK release

Default Cheers

Nice one folks, thorough as always, 'cept I'm still none the wiser as to which label to add it on Discogs!

Nice one folks, thorough as always, 'cept I'm still none the wiser as to which label to add it on Discogs!
    I see the dilemma..it does say BCM 445 X in the corner, but also BCM 53671X ??? and its a white label with X-1579A etched into the A side... Confused, you will be lol..

How about adding it as a "Not On Label"

Looks like I'll have to - cheers!

Michael, wots the Cat' for the fake import? I might be able to find the label

Default Cat nos.

Ok, on the back cover of the 'fake' Italian release it has 2:

UK: BCM 445X
    ITN: BCM 53671X

But on the label it says:

ITX 1579

Your guess is a good as mine...

Default Hmmm, strange..?

Right the mixes on mine are..

A1 Main Mix
    A2 Piono Dub
    B1 Hard Beat
    B2 Heavenly Roots Mix

The Cat' No. is X 1579 with DJ SEPHA MILAN etched in.

On the Record label it has ITX 1579 (IT standing for ITalian) obviously there tryin the hardest to convince us its italian by the IT at the beginning of the orig' Cat'. The 'X', well the only italo company carrying that in the early 90's was X Energy Production.

On the sleeve, above the bar code it has..

UK: BCM 445X ITN: BCM 53671X

Trying to convince us its BCM Records now, these guys didnt want you tracing them, seen as they were ripping us off 2 quid. 5.99 instead of the real price 3.99, or whatever it was then?

There's a couple of spelling mistakes on the sleeve to make it look more italian. This was typical of the italians in the early 90's.

It's defo' dodgy!

Ah well, it's been submitted as 'Not On Label' for now... if any more info comes to light it can be changed. Anyone else ever get that feeling of mortal anality...!

Thread Information