Thread: Help to ID some 92ish tunes

Default Help to ID some 92ish tunes

Hello everyone, hope you all won't mind helping me ID some tunes here.

The first one, I have a sample of. The DJ says it's a white label by PCB. This was recorded back around 91/92, never heard of since.

Next up, anyone recall a tune that uses the sample from aliens, "Let's Rock!" + sound of the plasma gunfire? Around 92-93, my copy long gone tho :-/

Also, a tune which includes a sample "What is going on? And why are you being so nice to me?" - I heard a rumor this was resampled in to a jungle / d&b tune, I'm after details of the original I guess.

The name of the tune that samples the Mr.Men theme .. just because it's annoying me.

Name/artist/label of the 92ish tune that sampled "daydream believer" .. think it's called "daydream believer", sure most all will remember it.

Thanks for any and all leads & infos

Tist
    Attached Files Attached Files

"I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

Default mr men

the one sampling the mr men tune is ..... mr rush - happy land ep rh 001

"Also, a tune which includes a sample "What is going on? And why are you being so nice to me?" - I heard a rumor this was resampled in to a jungle / d&b tune, I'm after details of the original I guess."

dunno about drum and bass tune but the tune i know with that sample is 89

and is called

exocet - sweet talk

very hard sounding tune for 89 so u might think its d n b

the sample is taken from teh eddie murphy film comming to america
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

Default Much Love!

Thanks for the IDs, and much love to all!

Now of course the real hunt begins, but it stands a chance of a happy ending ;-)

I was kicking myself, Tango - Can't stop the Rush, carefully archived on my harddisk ... least I can hear the tune.

Really appreciate the IDs, thanks again, and source of the sample [coming to america] - I was wondering on that one, nice to put it to rest.

Tist

Thread Information