Thread: love thy will be done

Default love thy will be done

heard this on radio2 yesterday and cudnt believe it! it was from 89 think it was by mustika or somat like that
    anyhow i used to hear the vocals played over the top of a tune whilst out raving it up, it is a very hazy memory but wen i heard it yest i defo recognised it! hairs standing on end moment!

anyone got any ideas please ? id love to get hold of it

thanks much appreciated..

I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, In life after life, in age after age forever.

Poddington pea podders

oh come on peeps please does anyone not remember this, surely i cant be on me own ere

I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, In life after life, in age after age forever.

Poddington pea podders

hello to you,now ya not on your own x
    thank you please

Quote Originally Posted by dj old skooler
    hello to you,now ya not on your own x
    lol thanx gary
    but someone must remember it, its ancient:P

Poddington pea podders

Er, you could try the ID section...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Er, you could try the ID section...........
    oooooops cheers ed
    can one of the mods pls move this to tune id's thank u

Poddington pea podders

Quote Originally Posted by northern minx
    heard this on radio2 yesterday and cudnt believe it! it was from 89 think it was by mustika or somat like that
    anyhow i used to hear the vocals played over the top of a tune whilst out raving it up, it is a very hazy memory but wen i heard it yest i defo recognised it! hairs standing on end moment!

anyone got any ideas please ? id love to get hold of it

thanks much appreciated..
    the 1989 original is by 'martika', a real nice record by one of my favourite vocalists. i think that's another one of her records which was written by prince aswell.

i've heard that 'raved up' version that u mention, but don't know the name of the remix, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by skippy
    the 1989 original is by 'martika', a real nice record by one of my favourite vocalists. i think that's another one of her records which was written by prince aswell.

i've heard that 'raved up' version that u mention, but don't know the name of the remix, sorry!

Ah Martika - that rings a bell.

I have a feeling hers was a cover-could of been by Prince though- it was good song, not heard the rave up though.

martika
    yes thats her name, beautiful voice

thanks chaps... still yet to find the rave version ?

Poddington pea podders

Yes, yes, yes, Martika..... She also sang toy soldiers as well, nice track that too!

Well managed to dig this up!!

A little something about Martika
    Not just the Madonna wannabe she is often remembered as, Martika had songwriting skills and enough savvy to choose some of the best hooks of the '80s for her debut album. You'll find yourself singing these songs months after you've heard them. And that's a good thing. Her voice is thin and a bit limited, but she surrounds herself with producers who understand how to put a sheen on a great pop gem. The catchiest song is also the dumbest; "If You're Tarzan, I'm Jane," about a girl willing to adapt to anything her man wants her to be, is somewhat sexist, but it's such fun it's hard to not sing along. The big hit single, "Toy Soldiers," works with its childlike vocals and lyrics, creating a haunting, effective dichotomy with its subject of drug addiction. Martika even has the chutzpah to cover a Carole King song -- "I Feel the Earth Move" -- and actually does it justice. Producer Michael Jay -- writer or co-writer of "Toy Soldiers," "If You're Tarzan, I'm Jane," "More Than You Know," "Cross My Heart," "You Got Me Into This," "It's Not What You're Doing," and "See If I Care" -- shows he has the ear of an amazing pop artist à la Bernie Taupin. The melodies and productions make this album a major success, but if pop isn't your thing, you might not care that these are hooks many superstars would kill for.

Computer Games don`t affect kids.If Pacman affected us as kids, we`d all be running around a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetetive music.

Thread Information