Thread: Unknown Piano Anthem 92/93 Maybe Scottish?

Default Unknown Piano Anthem 92/93 Maybe Scottish?

OK long shot but here goes.

Back in '93 I was handed a home made mix tape using 12" records as the source material. I've identified all tracks bar one and it's bugged me for 26 years! The tape consists of primarily Scottish dance acts such as TTF, QFX, Q-Tex, Suburban Delay, Ultra-sonic and Chill FM - all tracks from 92 or 93 so I suspect my mystery track is likewise a Scottish act from around the same time.

Track duration is exactly 4 mins. Starts with a female voice/sample "Do you see the light, do you see the light (x4) before it breaks into a synth techno break. Then around 30 seconds in we get a male voice/MC saying "here it comes" Around the 1 min 30 mark the piano break comes in and at about the 2 min 30 another voice saying "I can't hear you, I can't hear you" (repeated)

Very much in the style of the Time Frequency but had no joy in an I'D. I've got a poor quality phone recording if it helps!

Many thanks in advance!

Found it - Marc Smith track called Breakdown released in 1992 via Scottish Clubscene Records label - mix is called "Sounds nothing like the A side" by The Time Frequency

Nice track! how did you finally find it?

Took me ages but I was sure it was Scottish and it sounded so similar to The Time Frequency that a check of Discogs and the remixes accredited to TTF showed up just a couple of releases - including the Marc Smith Breakdown tune.

I've had this tape since 93 and over the years have narrowed down the unknown tracks to just this one - finally my search is over!

Forgot to say if you like this check out The Time Frequency track called Exosphere - you can find it on the 2nd CD of the special edition of Dominator.

It's very similar to the Marc Smith track hence how I tracked it down!

Thread Information