Thread: Nick Warren Vibes Alive 'The Sweet Sensation', Hackpen Hill, 7th August 1992

Default Nick Warren Vibes Alive 'The Sweet Sensation', Hackpen Hill, 7th August 1992

Dear All,

I used to have this on tape and miss it.

Does anyone have it, or the tracklisting? I think MC Conrad was MCing, and some of the tracks used in the set were:

Walking on Sunshine – Rockers Rev
    Don't you want me – Felix
    Push-Push – Rockers Hi-Fi
    There's this one beauty in there, and the vocals are: "Paradise is a song of my heart reaching out for someone who cares for me, needs me. How can I go this far, without knowing where you are. Wondering when you are near me..."

The only reference to its existence is this: Vibes Alive 'The Sweet Sensation' - Hackpen Hill - 7th August 1992 - Tracklists - RollDaBeats Forum

I'm sorry. I know this is vague, and the whole point of this site is to have a tune to ID, but hoping someone has it on tape...

Thank you

Hi Mate,
    not sure if you will get this as you posted a while ago, this is the track

sub version 3 - paradise (is the sound) vocal mix

https://www.discogs.com/Sub-Version-.../master/268913

the release info show as 1993 but Nick Warren debut that track at that event in 1992

Dear rooodroo,

Thank you. How kind of you. I love this tape. Thank you again.

Have a nice week, blood.

Simon
    PS. Perfect find.

Hi,

I have a Nick Warren Vibes Alive set listed as 1993 with these tracks on. Starts with Black Box - Strike it up. I have as MP3 if you want.

The Subversion 3 track is Nick himself. I was at Bristol Uni at this time. The singer on this is a big rugby playing guy called Grant. Class track. I think the MC is Deli G from Massive Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by sraffa1994 View Post
    Dear All,

I used to have this on tape and miss it.

Does anyone have it, or the tracklisting? I think MC Conrad was MCing, and some of the tracks used in the set were:

Walking on Sunshine – Rockers Rev
    Don't you want me – Felix
    Push-Push – Rockers Hi-Fi
    There's this one beauty in there, and the vocals are: "Paradise is a song of my heart reaching out for someone who cares for me, needs me. How can I go this far, without knowing where you are. Wondering when you are near me..."

The only reference to its existence is this: Vibes Alive 'The Sweet Sensation' - Hackpen Hill - 7th August 1992 - Tracklists - RollDaBeats Forum

I'm sorry. I know this is vague, and the whole point of this site is to have a tune to ID, but hoping someone has it on tape...

Thank you

Dear Richard,

Thank you - i would love the mp3. I haven't listened to it in its entirety for years. I asked all my lads from Bath if anyone still had it on tape and nobody has it anymore. It'd be more than appreciated.

I thought it'd be a homemade version, a lot like the stuff on the Easygroove fluffy sets.

[email protected]

Thank you very much
    Simon

Hope you don't mind but as I have it listed as 1993 I started a new thread for the mix I have:
    http://www.tuneid.com/old-skool-clas...tml#post491346
    In this I have put a link to the actual mix:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/RichardTheV...es-alive-1993/
    I have also listed nearly 2/3rds of the tracks. Any help much appreciated.

Thread Information