Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Old Skool

Default Unknown Old Skool

Been trying to find it for 20 years!!

Unfortunately the only copy I had was of a radio show form 1992 and I have no longer got the tape.

I can clearly recollect the tune though as have tried my best to remake it.

So please keep in mind the soundfile is more of a guide than an exact replica (Especially with my out of tune playing lol) so probs around 75% there but its all ive got.

Note the distinguishable snare drum sample that shifts pitch to match the basslines note structure. Im hoping this may be a good trigger for someone.

Also the square wave sound that comes in is neither in tune (im not a piano player) not is it the exact correct sound. Its the best I can do.

The over all style of the tune is Detroit Techno and its from around 1992 at the latest.

Name that tune - Tune ID sought. Anyone help? (See description) by Blackout FM on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BUNKERHEADZ; 11th March 2021 at 02:31 PM.

Sounds like:
    Break the limits 2 - Drums of Freedom.

Hi Pluto,

Thanks for trying but thats not it.

The tune of the bassline in my example and the snare how it chases the bassline is actually in tune. Its the bleepy bit on my version that is actually more of a guide.

Thanks for trying though bud

You're welcome mate.
    Try this and the original mixes as well.

Eddie "Flashin" Fowlkes* - Time To Express (Vinyl) at Discogs

Only the Techno mix is on the net that I ca find. Looking for original mix as I type.

I must say Pluto as much as none of them have been right so far your second guess is certainly in the right ball park. Im hoping one of the mixes could be it. The bass line is very similar.

Found this

Eddie flashin fowlkes time to express frd - Free Download from mediafire - Filestube.com

Its neither of those two mixes mate.

Hard to explain but if I remember right there is less going on. IE its more reserved if that makes any sense.

dont know sorry, but props for the lengths you've gone to to try & find out - i hope you nail it.

sounds like an "Altern 8" song. It's remember me "Evapor 8", but iit just an idea... ;-)
    Still looking for these 5 songs. (recorded from Montreal radios)

13 & 16
    http://www.tuneid.com/old-skool-classics-1987-1993/53143-my-last-4-1992-a.html
    Thanks!

and here
    http://www.tuneid.com/old-skool-classics-1987-1993/80069-new-wanted-know-song.html

MSML

Thanks mate but no one else seems to have a clue. gutted. I was hoping the snare changing pitch to match the bass line would help. Damn

Elmix

Seriously?? Mate for you to even suggest altern8 my sound clip must be less accurate than id hoped.

Im after Detroit Tech not stadium cheese rave that got in the charts.

nothing worse than not having a sample - is there no words from within the track? ive had loads of IDs that way
    The Tech Forum - Broadband Tech Support

Hey Snadge.

Nothing so easy mate. No samples only the very specific sane line that doubles over the bassline.

I think the only chance ive got is getting a copy of the Blackout on tape where it was actually played. Fat chance really.

Bump

Bump

bump

Yer not after K-Klass by any chance?

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

Thread Information