Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Question, New User!

Default Old Question, New User!

Hi.
    There's a thread in ARCHIVE from doolz asking about a few Olde Skool tunes. One of them starts with the following voice-over;

William had unearthed a glass pyramid of gigantic proportions. Seeping from the monstrosity of enormous scale came noises he'd never heard the like of. He entered the glass pyramid with a feeling of apprehension; what had he stumbled upon? The music gripped him like a vice becoming part of him, pulsing through his veins like life-blood. He could no longer resist the urge... William had found The Eternal Dream Machine... He just had to dance.

However, it seems impossible to access the ARCHIVE, so I can't see any of the replies (11 in total). Does anyone know the track/artist that this comes from?

Thanks in advance,
    - Jonah Ship.

hi mate i will get you the track name when i get home in about an hr
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

grr cant find it on my pc ithought it was by the hypnotist
    il keep looking soz
    "I HAVE just returned from a diplomatic trip to the Congo and I can testify that at no point did I see anyone drinking Um Bongo."

No probs. One of the other tracks on your original thread was a Hypnotist track; the one that starts with 'Do you want to go for a ride' is Pioneer's Of The Warped Groove.

yep i know but i had the feeling that was too

il have another look tonight

Frank Booth: Hey you wanna go for a ride?
    Jeffrey Beaumont: No thanks.
    Frank Booth: No thanks? What does that mean?
    Jeffrey Beaumont: I don't wanna go.
    Frank Booth: Go where?
    Jeffrey Beaumont: For a ride.
    Frank Booth: A ride! Now that's a good idea!

That's from David Lynch's Blue Velvet (1986)

Old Skool Anthemz

*** INTO THE SONIK UNDERGROUND ***

LOL, if I just had looked on Oggs before:

The samples on "Pioneers of the Warped Groove" are as follows. The dialogue about "going for a ride" is from the David Lynch film Blue Velvet. The samples "Let us pray" and "In time, are from the movie The Exorcist. Also, the "Party People" sample is obviously from Planet Rock by the Soulsonic Force. This record is an all-time classic and was way ahead of its time. Trancey hardcore, the screaming gets a bit unnerving at times, but the rest of the track more than makes up for this.

Old Skool Anthemz

cheers bunks but thats not the tune we are after

Quote Originally Posted by tastefulmrship View Post
    No probs. One of the other tracks on your original thread was a Hypnotist track; the one that starts with 'Do you want to go for a ride' is Pioneer's Of The Warped Groove.
    misread it

blame the voddy LOL

Old Skool Anthemz

Quote Originally Posted by BUNKERHEADZ View Post
    LOL, if I just had looked on Oggs before:

The samples on "Pioneers of the Warped Groove" are as follows. The dialogue about "going for a ride" is from the David Lynch film Blue Velvet. The samples "Let us pray" and "In time, are from the movie The Exorcist. Also, the "Party People" sample is obviously from Planet Rock by the Soulsonic Force. This record is an all-time classic and was way ahead of its time. Trancey hardcore, the screaming gets a bit unnerving at times, but the rest of the track more than makes up for this.
    I'm always watchin old films then screaming thats from so & so lol does my friends heads in all the time but, even tho this is not the 1 i agree this is a classic

i do the same love spottin samples while watching films

LOL, another sample / quote freak here...

I bought the movie The Entity some time ago in a bargain bin and when I watched I heard the sample that's used in Zsa Zsa "La Boum" - Something Scary, added to the notes right away, always handy such 'nerdy' trivia

Old Skool Anthemz

Quote Originally Posted by BUNKERHEADZ View Post
    LOL, another sample / quote freak here...

I bought the movie The Entity some time ago in a bargain bin and when I watched I heard the sample that's used in Zsa Zsa "La Boum" - Something Scary, added to the notes right away, always handy such 'nerdy' trivia
    Yup great film i also knew they took that sample from there

bump
    William had unearthed a glass pyramid of gigantic proportions. Seeping from the monstrosity of enormous scale came noises he'd never heard the like of. He entered the glass pyramid with a feeling of apprehension; what had he stumbled upon? The music gripped him like a vice becoming part of him, pulsing through his veins like life-blood. He could no longer resist the urge... William had found The Eternal Dream Machine... He just had to dance.

ive had this id'd in teh past but i cant remeber what it is and cannot get in to the archive

help

Yes - this track is Tone Def - Hectic House on Moving Shadow (SHADOW9).

https://youtu.be/ADc0kckMghA

Thread Information