Thread: Andy Weatherall Played It!

Default Andy Weatherall Played It!

Hi All,

Am new to this and have been trying to trace a track played by Andy Weatherall, probably around 1993/94 (may be slightly earlier). It was basically a simple piano and string track with a motivational speech over the top..... can't think whether it was Martin Luther King, or the like but it had such lyrics as:

"The red sea could not hold us back"
    "I know a song (or star), when the morning comes"

I dont have the tape it was on but any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

just a guess, but 'Love Decade' did a tune called 'when the morning comes'

It isn't that one, but does anyone have a sample just to check (it may have had the same vocal?)

Default Clues!

Okay, after scanning some more threads it sounds like a Jesse Jackson or malcolm X speech.

"[Sinners] Get ready. It's morning time. From the slave ship; to the championship; it's morning time. From the outhouse; to the state house; to the courthouse; to The White House, it’s morning time.. . ."

The tune underneath is sampled from The Rolling Stones - " We Love You"

Anyone got ideas..... am willing to pay!!!

Another guess, but could it be a remix of
    4 For Money - Its A Moment In Time, pianoey track that uses part of the the samples mentioned.

As JJ says, if its the piano from We Love You, with those vocals,

deffo 4 For Money - Its A Moment In Time

Default Slightly Confused

No, I got confused. It doesn't use the sample from Rolling Stones. The piano is much lighter with more of a string effect. It uses mostly all of the speech sample though.

the tune you're after (the one underneath the accapella) is One Dove - Fallen...one of my favourite tunes ever....had that mix myself and was wondering what the tune was for years...
    Jules

actually thinking about this i think one dove come in after the piano track you're talking about...i seem to remember someone ID'ing the track in question or hearing someone play it on Pirate Revival a long while back....anyway, the slower tune he plays is one dove...
    Jules

Default Right Track!

Were on the right track here. One Dove was played after the track in question. Do you still have the tape that it was on as mine is lost?

Default Also...

It could be that it is an accapella played on top of the slow piano track. I just wish I had the tape to upload the track in question!

Does anyone know the accapella even?

think i stil have the tape yeah....can send it to you in the post if u promise to send it back.....
    Jules

Default Yeah!

That would be fantastic.... email me at [email protected]

Cheers!

If someone played it on pirate revival, would I be able to source the DJ and ask him?

Also if you are able, perhaps instead of sending the tape could you attach a clip to this thread so people could ID it?

Register @ www.piraterevival.co.uk and ask on the forum there m8 You never know

Thread Information