PDA

View Full Version : Dektition....

bob_skipton
31st January 2003, 11:26 AM
Mornin' all....not 100% an ID this as I have a copy of the record....just need to know more about it....

DEKTITION - LOVE RUSH / BRING THE NOISE

It's on a white label (black in this case) just has the artist and title on it....

It's the other (better) version of INTERCEPTOR 17 - HALLELUJAH

Does anyone have any other info...was it released at all...or is there only this elusive promo.....which is a bitch to find ???

cheers

Bob

grad
31st January 2003, 11:50 AM
it's also available on the rise ep.

bob_skipton
31st January 2003, 11:52 AM
Cheers for info Grad,

Do you know if that's the artist / title....found a few listings for that....

any more help would be great...

cheers

Bob

grad
31st January 2003, 11:54 AM
I'll double check for you tonight..

grad
31st January 2003, 12:02 PM
in the meantime this thread should confuse you even more..i remember this well..some details in there though bob..

http://www.pianoheaven.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10195

sirius
31st January 2003, 04:48 PM
I got the original lovereush (white) whitelabel. However its totally fubar'd cos it plays like an egg. Bummer.

If you see a record in a shop and you cant play it for whatever reason, its hard to tell its a fekking egg shaped mutha fekker innit. (Yes Im still annoyed, 1 year on.....lol).

Sirius.

mikey
31st January 2003, 05:31 PM
the details of the original white label:

DEKTITION - LOVE RUSH/BRING THE NOISE
cat.no. DECK.DJ. 001

i think it was released in 1992,and i think the 'rise e.p' one (is it on trade records ?) was released later on.
the original is probably rarer/sought after than the other one.it's the original that's on 'zone' tapes (venue vol.3 etc.).

i've had a look at that 'interceptor 17' thread and i can't really make head nor tail of it.all i know is:
the b-side to 'hallelujah' by interceptor 17 on discomagic uk white label is a copy of the original white label of 'decktition - love rush'.
it is very similar but it doesn't have the sample from 'gat decor - passion' in it.
the a-side to 'hallelujah' is class though and is on 'zone' tapes,but it sounds nowt like 'decktition'.
sorry if this has been said already.
mikey

Biskit
31st January 2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by mikey
but it sounds nowt like 'decktition'.
sorry if this has been said already.
mikey

lol, didnt one of the Zone DJ's around 93, used to cut up Dektition (The one on Trade records) 'Love rush rmx' wiv Intetrceptor 17!! Im 99% certain of that, I used to av the tape!! Ive got Love rush rmx on Trade, and how you can say there not similar, you need ya ears testin!! lol:D

nathan
31st January 2003, 08:02 PM
dektition = dj taul paul

mikey
31st January 2003, 08:37 PM
what i meant was,the a-side of 'hallelujah' isn't the copy of 'love rush' the b-side is....with me on that mate ???
it does use the same synth sample,but it is the b-side that was just a blatant rip off of 'love rush'.
i dunno about mixing those 2 tunes together either,i've never heard that,but dave taylor cut it up with 'clock - holdin' on' on venue volume 3...which was nice :phones:
please don't make this thread as long as the last 'decktition' thread...:naughty:
mikey

Biskit
31st January 2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by mikey
please don't make this thread as long as the last 'decktition' thread...:naughty:
mikey

Couldnt agree more Mikey!! If this comes up again Im stayin out! Were just goin round in circles!! lol :thumbsup:

bob_skipton
1st February 2003, 09:36 AM
Areet I get your point......lets leave this one eh ?

As I said I've got a copy at the moment it's me mates...and until he decides he wants some more decks it's in my collection....

Thanks for all the info....but Grad have you got more info on the RISE EP ?

cheers

Bob

Biskit
1st February 2003, 01:58 PM
DECKTITION - THE RISE E.P

TRADE RECORDS 1993 (TRADE002)

TOUCH - LOVERUSH (ORIG) - RISE - LOVERUSH (RMX)

Written & produced by P. Newman