PDA

View Full Version : Aquarius - Lets get down

peter_145
8th August 2002, 02:17 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm after some info on the above.

Recently been sent the chica mix on spirit records but its not the mix I'm after.

The mix I'm after has well more piano in it.
(If anyone was familiar with Lee Butler/the state club in Liverpool you'll know the mix I mean, he used to kill it, and use Kathy Brown - turn me out accapella over it).

I think its from about 94ish. a lad I used to know had it on a promo 2x12? Not sure of label though.

Any info appreciated as always.

Best Regards,

Pete.

kev
8th August 2002, 05:05 PM
Alrite Pete,

I've got this tune on a Dj promo double pack on Transworld Records, The mix i think your after is the "Luvdup's Chic Out Mix" which has the pumping piano break 2/3 into the tune.

I remember John J playing it at the Zone in Blackpool in 1994, it also featured on the 3rd birthday tape.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Kev...........

alien*8*
8th August 2002, 07:10 PM
its on deep distraction label m8

mark

peter_145
9th August 2002, 02:46 PM
Cheers Lads,

I'll keep my eyes pealed for it on both labels,

Best Regards,

Pete

Biskit
10th August 2002, 01:56 PM
AQUARIUS - LETS GET DOWN (TRANSWORLD 2x12" PROMO)

Zodiac mix/Zodiac dub/Luvdups chic out mix/Luvdups tong in chic mix/Original chicy mix.

Luvdups chic out mix & Luvdups tong in chic mix is more than likely the mixes you are after! I am led to believe that the tune never got an official release, due to not getting clearance on the 'Chic' samples they used! So these mixes where only ever where available on the DJ Promo double pack!

The Original mix, which does not contain the piano also came out before these mixes on Aquarius's own label...

AQUARIUS - LETS GET DOWN 'Chicy mix' / BELLA RUSSA 'Parts 1 & 2' (93 SPIRIT RECORDINGS/VOND 5)