PDA

View Full Version : Andy Crock Brighton 1991

ahmurray
28th November 2004, 01:49 PM
Hi people, first time here, very excited at the prospect of being able to id and trace some tracks I have loved for over ten years but never been able to trace.
First one was from a mix tape I got from a DJ called Andy Crock, big name in Brighton in the early 90s until his tragic death when he fell from a speaker stack after an event.

I only have the lyrics and these are from memory, so may not be quite correct, on the mix tape i have it is mixed with audio deluxe sixty seconds and works beautifully, very haunting.

Female Vocal with a male rap toward the end

Here Goes:

Just like a dream, nothing here is what it seems, ah hah yeah.
Loving you this way, hurts more and more each day, ah hah yeah.
when you left, you know you left me crying, emptiness, no substitute for loving
Can't stop these tears from falling why can't you hear me calling
Chorus:
start all over again
i never knew this thing could break my heart,
i need you around,
why can't you hear me calling

Cheers,
Ali

ahmurray
3rd December 2004, 12:25 PM
Not sure it's going to help, but here's some more lyrics - this is from the male rap:

You fell under his spell for whatever reason, you're like the seasons
kinky like spring, but see he can be cold whenever he want to be.
you tried everything to get through to him
you get no replies from your phone calls and letters
you should have known better
you knew this from the start but your apart

but every little heart beart
without it your incomplete

what's the next sad song your gonna sing
you tried everything to get through to him, but lady you should have known better
no joke no dope, snap out of it if you can
go get another man

Someone there MUST know it????

Ali

Tim Acid
3rd December 2004, 12:45 PM
EZ fella - welcome to the board :D

Any chance you could rip and audio sample of the tunes you are after....

You will have more luck on the id.s

I can always talk you through how to set up your computer to record from a tape deck if thats the problem ;)

Did this guy DJ at that Outdoor Free Party in the downs in summer 92 - Was between Brighton and Lewes think the place may have been called Plumbton or something like that... Great party that was.. all those police helipcopters hoovering around above not being able to do sweet FA :)

ahmurray
3rd December 2004, 05:25 PM
Tim,

First problem is I don't know how to rip from tape to my PC, so any instructions would be great.

Second minor problem is I can't find the actual tape! Hoping to have a root around at home and unearth it at the weekend.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Ali

Tim Acid
3rd December 2004, 05:38 PM
Okies Ali

This is what you need to do for ripping

Jack 3.5mm stereo to 2 x RCA 5m

http://www.martleyelectronics.co.uk/cables.htm#jack2rca

Connect this this cable to your Stereo Output (out) on the back of your tape deck (providing we are talking a seperates tape deck and not some all in one thing, if it is all in one you will need to use your aux out)

Then connect the 3.5mm mini jack to the "audio in" on your sound card

Then you need some kind of software to record the audio signal to your HDD... you may already have this on your pc

if not loads on the market for free

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Search/audio_recorder.html

You can then record your sample, then you will need to convert it to MP3...your recorder may do this for you, if not grab some encoding software...

Hope that helps

:thumbsup: